Interiors: Screen and Stage
This event has taken place
View all upcoming events at Kingston University.
Time: 10.00am - 7.00pm
Venue: Dorich House Museum, Kingston Vale, London SW15 3RN
A research symposium co-convened by the Modern Interiors Research Centre, Kingston University and Parsons School of Design.
- 10.00am: Coffee
- 10.20am: Introduction, Pat Kirkham, Kingston University
- 10.30am–11.15am: Sarah Lichtman, Parsons School of Design, Designing Anne Frank: Space and the Theatrical Construction of a Teenage Girl
- 11.15am–12.00pm: Alice T. Friedman, Wellesley College, "His Attention was Fixed Upon My Clock": Signifiers of Masculinity in the Queer Interior
- 12.00pm–12.30pm: Questions
- 12.30pm–1.15pm: Lunch
- 1.15pm–2.00pm: Jane Barnwell, University of Westminster, Production Design for Screen
- 2.00pm–2.45pm: Lisa Godson, NCAD, Dublin, Double Distance: Strategies for Documenting Tropical Architecture Across Space and Time
- 2.45pm–3.15pm: Questions
- 3.15pm–3.30pm: Coffee
- 3.30pm–3.50pm: Catherine Ince, V&A London, Interior Power: artist filmmakers Amie Siegel and Laura Gannon on domestic space, objects and meaning
- 3.50pm–4.10pm: Azadeh Fatehrad, Kingston University, Transitions: The State Of In-Between within Interior Architectural Spaces
- 4.10pm–4.30pm: Questions
- 4.30pm: Close
- 5.00pm–7.00pm: Drinks
Booking is essential to attend this event.
Directions to Dorich House Museum, Kingston Vale, London SW15 3RN: