We continually invest in building and development programmes at Kingston University.
- A new landmark building for the Penrhyn Road campus, including a learning resources centre, a covered courtyard, cafes and a new landscaping scheme.
- A new £30 million teaching building for the Kingston Hill campus opened in May 2012.
- Kingston School of Art at Knights Park has a new learning resources centre, a new reception gallery with art shop and social space, new interdisciplinary learning zone and refurbished studio space – part of an £11million improvement programme.
- The facilities at Roehampton Vale were improved with the installation of a 190-person lecture theatre; a 60-person computer room; and shower facilities for cyclists.
You can also take advantage of on-site and local social and cultural resources.
We are expanding our library resources with more:
- books and publication subscriptions
- online database subscriptions
- AV and media equipment
- powerful computing facilities
- 24 hour access (term time) to the Learning Resource Centres at Kingston Hill and Penrhyn Road
Our close links with external bodies and on-site investments ensure that you also have easy access to subject-specific resources. Examples include:
- among our archives and special collections, the Ivanovic collection providing resources for Yugoslav and south-east European history and politics
- psychology students having access to specialised labs for participant observation
- two flight simulators, a Lotus Exige and a number of motorbikes being amongst the kit for engineering students.
All Kingston University students have access to excellent electronic resources, including:
- networked computers and specialist software for each subject area
- the student intranet, My Kingston, an online source of information
- Canvas, an online learning management tool and resource for lecture notes and interactive teaching
- central support from our technical team.
There are additional computers for postgraduate use only in the Graduate Centres.
Find out more from Information Services.