Kingston University is committed to acting in accordance with the principles and commitments outlined in the Concordat to Support Research Integrity. Compliance with the Concordat helps demonstrate to government, business, international partners and the wider public that they can continue to have confidence that research undertaken at Kingston is ethical and rigorous.
The Concordat sets out five commitments to which we ascribe:
- We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of rigour and integrity in all aspects of research.
- We are committed to ensuring that research is conducted according to appropriate ethical and legal and professional frameworks, obligations and standards.
- We are committed to supporting a research environment that is underpinned by a culture of integrity and based on good governance, best practice and support for the development of researchers.
- We are committed to using transparent, robust and fair processes to deal with allegations of research misconduct should they arise.
- We are committed to working together to strengthen the integrity of research and to reviewing progress regularly and openly.
We are committed to identifying a senior member of staff to oversee research integrity and to act as first point of contact for anyone wanting more information on matters of research integrity.
- Dr Juliet Parry, Head of Research Systems Governance and Funding (primary contact for staff matters).
- Professor Philip Terry, Head of Graduate Research School and Research (primary contact for research students).
As part of our obligations under the Concordat, we prepare, and make publicly available, an annual statement to our Board of Governors summarising actions taken to assure and enhance the University's position on research integrity issues.
The 2018/19 report (PDF) includes:
- Information on relevant training and process reviews.
- Assurances that processes in place are transparent, fair, robust and appropriate.
- A statement on any formal investigations of research misconduct.
For further information on how we ensure the highest standards of rigour and integrity in research at Kingston, please refer to our research policy documents.