Title: Just who the hell do you think you are? Crossing boundaries, transgressing borders, with Three Kids and a Dead Dog.
Theory: Southern Gothic Imaginative Writing Practice-based PhD: exploring and interrogating the idea that the Southern Gothic landscape (or chronotope) is a Gothic house. A transgressive project because cannon orthodoxy has long stated you have to be from there to write there.
Method: Critical essay, scrapbook of Southern debris and an authentic Southern Gothic novella Three Kids and a Dead Dog.
As a former teacher, Head of Department at Grey Coat Hospital School, parent and children's author I have great skill and experience at delivering tailor made and bespoke workshops to develop students' love of reading and writing. These workshops focus on key skills that every writer battles with: description, dialogue, forward action and emotion; as well as hitting key OFSTED criteria so that all students are fully engaged in a flow activity applying new skills to a novel situation. I can also deliver author Q&As and assemblies.
I recently set up Book Explorers Tours at Waterstones Kingston to encourage students to learn how to browse books and book stores to better access the wonderful world of literature. I am an Imaginative Writing PhD student at Kingston University. Darkling Park, my first novel is a children's adventure set in a South London graveyard.
I have had 17 short stories and several articles published. And as a barista I invented the Illuminati coffee.
· Short Story in Tempest Anthology, 2019
· Member of Society of Authors, 2018
· Short story published by MargÅ Collective Chains: Unheard Voices Anthology, 2018
· Article happiful magazine, December 2017 issue
· Short Story published in KU RiPPLE Magazine, 2017
· Short Story in Patrician Press Peace Anthology, 2017. Anthology commended by Robert McCrum and Irvine Welsh
· Darkling Park, debut novel on MA Creative Writing Programme syllabus, 2017
· Darkling Park, debut novel, 2016
· Cruel and Tender Gothic Art Exhibition, Pimlico, catalogue contributor, 2016
· Two short stories published by Fictive Dream, 2016
· Founded the No Pens Press to publish No Pens Allowed, 2015
· Editor for All Over the Damned Place, 2015
· Short story published for Election issue of Fresh RUSU magazine, 2015
· Sidebar on writing for Chalk the Sun, 2014
· Commissioning editor (for major publisher) requested more of my writing, 2013
· Editor for Roehampton Writers' Society: Creative Writing Anthology, 2013
· Editor for Fincham Press: Creative Writing Anthology, 2013
· Four short stories published, 2014
· Two short stories published, 2013
· Dylan short story published by Chalk the Sun, 2011