Equality, diversity and inclusion
Diversity is in one of our core values.
We believe that diversity brings only benefits for our students, our people and our work. The greater number of different perspectives we have, the better equipped we'll be to come up with the most innovative ways of teaching and learning, research, ideas and solutions.
We strive for true diversity and equality. And to make this real, we're creating a environment that is open, supportive and inclusive for our students and staff. One where individuality is embraced, doors are open and everyone with the potential can thrive.
Read more about our approach and the areas we are focusing on in One Kingston, our strategy for equality, diversity and inclusion:
- One Kingston our strategy for equality, diversity and inclusion (PDF)
- Our action plan for 2012–16 (PDF)
We also produce the annual equality report
- Equality annual report 2013 (PDF) and appendices (PDF)
- Equality annual report 2010/11 (published 2012) (PDF)
- Equality annual report 2009/10 (published 2011) (PDF)
Student and staff equality objectives 2011/12
Read the University's equality objectives.
Supporting disabled staff
- Supporting Disabled Staff: A guide for disabled staff, job applicants and line managers (PDF)
- Supporting Disabled Staff: A guide for disabled staff, job applicants and line managers (Word)
Equality impact assessment reports
- Managing organisational change procedure (including redeployment and redundancy) (PDF) – as at April 2013
- REF 2014 code of practice with equality impact assessment for 1st stage (PDF) – as at April 2013
- Recruitment and selection report and action plan (PDF) – as at July 2009
- Support structure for disabled staff (PDF) – as at March 2010
- Student complaint procedure (PDF) – as at March 2010
- UK marketing strategy (PDF) – as at March 2010