Kingston University is a Higher Education Corporation created by an instrument of government issued by the Privy Council on 26 April 1993, under powers given by the Education Reform Act 1988 (ERA) and the Further and Higher Education Act 1992. The University is an exempt charity under the terms of the ERA. As an exempt charity, the University is subject to regulation by HEFCE in accordance with the Charities Act 2006 (Principal Regulators of Exempt Charities) Regulations 2010.
- Legal name: Kingston University Higher Education Corporation
- Preferred name: Kingston University
- Correspondence address: River House, 53–57 High Street, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 1LQ
- Trustees and associated charities (PDF)
- Instrument of Government (PDF)
- Articles of Government (PDF)
- Financial statements