Dr Ian Greatbatch writes for The Conversation on how technological breakthroughs are changing search and rescue.
Professor of film and cultural studies Will Brooker talks to BBC news about Marvel Comics' Thor going from male to female.
The newly formed group aims to develop a low cost satellite carrier rocket by 2021 – the 50th anniversary of the BLACK ARROW rocket.
- From mathematics to ethics in the work of Michel Foucault
Thursday 2 October 2014
- Seminar: The agency model of disability – a sign of things to come?
Wednesday 15 October 2014
- Whence intensity? Deleuze and the revival of a concept
Thursday 16 October 2014
- Towards a critical vitalism
Thursday 30 October 2014
- The Neue Marx-Lektüre: putting the critique of political economy back into the critique of society
Thursday 6 November 2014
- More research events
As Britain reacts to George Osborne's budget, including moves designed to boost the incomes of pensioners and savers hit by low interest rates, a Kingston academic says that, with an election looming, the motive for many of the measures is purely political.
As Britain experiences widespread flooding and many businesses and households are inundated by filthy water or cut off from the rest of their communities, Dr Tim Harries, leading expert on the public response to flood risk based at Kingston University says they must get better at dealing with this type of weather.
- Managing corporate entrepreneurship: organisational practices
- Wage-led growth: an equitable strategy for economic recovery
- Mad doctors, bad academics and knowledgeable locals: some preliminary observations on the use of membership categorization analysis for the study of public meanings of science
The REF is the new system for assessing the quality of research in UK higher education institutions.