Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, Ed Davey launches Kingston Energy at the World Renewable Energy Congress.
Dr Ian Greatbatch writes for The Conversation on how technological breakthroughs are changing search and rescue.
Professor of film and cultural studies Will Brooker talks to BBC news about Marvel Comics' Thor going from male to female.
- Social work seminar: Independent social work practices with adults – what we know from their evaluation
Thursday 11 September 2014
- Understanding the nature of interprofessional collaboration and patient and family member involvement in the intensive care unit (ICU)
Tuesday 16 September 2014
- From mathematics to ethics in the work of Michel Foucault
Thursday 2 October 2014
- Seminar: The agency model of disability – a sign of things to come?
Wednesday 15 October 2014
- Whence intensity? Deleuze and the revival of a concept
Thursday 16 October 2014
- More research events
As Britain reacts to George Osborne's budget, including moves designed to boost the incomes of pensioners and savers hit by low interest rates, a Kingston academic says that, with an election looming, the motive for many of the measures is purely political.
As Britain experiences widespread flooding and many businesses and households are inundated by filthy water or cut off from the rest of their communities, Dr Tim Harries, leading expert on the public response to flood risk based at Kingston University says they must get better at dealing with this type of weather.
- The evidence of Bayesian reasoning and its place in the context of the empirical argument about rationality
- Mindreading and empathy as predictors of prosocial behavior
- Don't wait to incubate: immediate versus delayed incubation in divergent thinking
The REF is the new system for assessing the quality of research in UK higher education institutions.