- Kingston University is a corporate body created by statute (PDF).
- The Chancellor, Bonnie Greer OBE, is the ceremonial head of the University. This is an honorary post with no executive or strategic duties.
- The Board of Governors sets strategy, on the advice of the Vice-Chancellor, and carries overall responsibility for the University. It is chaired by David Edmonds.
- The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Julius Weinberg is responsible for all aspects of the operation of the University. He is assisted in the discharge of his duties by the Vice-Chancellor's Team which is made up of:
- The Vice-Chancellor's Team plus the Deans of the faculties make up the Senior Management Team (SMT) who meet to discuss and advise on key issues.
- The Senate is the University's senior consultative committee for all academic matters, and has responsibility for these under the University's Articles of Government. It is chaired by the Vice-Chancellor.
- The Operations Board membership consists of heads of non-academic functions across the University including faculties and Senior Management Team (SMT) members who attend on rotation. It reports into the SMT and are responsible for implementation of the strategy.
- The five faculties of academic staff are divided into schools.
- The central and support departments help staff and students.
- The academic year is divided into three terms.
Download the University's organisational chart (PDF) for more information.
The University's mission
- Our mission is to promote participation in higher education and the University's Strategic Plan assesses our progress and looks to the future.
- The is a multi-million pound investment in our estate to benefit students, staff and the local community.
- The University policies and regulations ensure we maintain high standards.
Other bodies the University works with
Through these networks, we aim to widen access to education and collaborate with key stakeholders.