Search our site
Search our site

International students in the United Kingdom (UK)

Kingston University is home to over 3,000 international students from more than 140 countries. Whichever pre-degree, undergraduate or postgraduate programme you choose, studying with us is an opportunity develop both academically and professionally among a vibrant learning community. We have several in-country representatives in the UK ready to assist on your journey to Kingston University. If you have any questions, feel free to send us a message on

Entry requirements

We recognise a wide range of UK and international qualifications for entry onto our programmes. For entry requirements for your home country qualifications, please see your country page.

We also welcome students taking International Foundation courses. We have our own International Foundation Year in the International Study Centre at Kingston as well as a number of partnerships with reputable foundation institutions in the UK.

What our students say

Visit the University

Meet us at an international student fair in the UK or attend one of our open days:

We are happy to visit international schools and colleges in the UK to speak with students and staff and we can also arrange group visits to Kingston University. These can include:

  • a presentation;
  • a general campus tour; and
  • the chance to meet academic staff from relevant departments.

For more information, contact the International Office.

Visa and immigration information

Switching or extending your visa

If you are a student already in the UK and need to extend or switch your visa from within the UK, you can use the following links to access the online application form and Student and Child Guidance:

Home Office cap on degree-level studies

The Home Office introduced a cap on studies affecting all Student Route (formerly Tier 4) visa applications made after 12 November 2015. For below degree level, the cap is two years. For degree level the cap is five years. This cap limits the amount of time you can spend studying in the UK on an undergraduate course on a student visa. Any previous leave granted for study purposes in the UK (except on a short term study or student visitor visa) will count towards the cap. The cap on above degree level studies for applications submitted on or after 5 October 2020 has been removed. This means that there is no longer any limit on postgraduate studies.

If you are studying at undergraduate level, you will be limited to a maximum of five years. Further studies in the UK must also demonstrate academic progression and studies at the same level must be academically justified.

Overseas educational representatives in the UK

Below is a list of University representatives in the UK. Please contact your nearest representative if you would like further information:

Contact us

International enquiries
Tel: +44(0)20 8417 3411