Search our site
Search our site

Visas, immigration and CAS

In order to study in the UK you'll need to meet the various visa and immigration conditions required by the Home Office. Our team of specialist and experienced international student advisers can help you with guidance on all of these matters.

Advice for international students

Meet our team of specialised international student advisers, who can advise and assist you on everything from visas, to working in the UK to pre-arrival.

Student visa

Most international students who are not from an EU/EEA country will need to apply for a student visa to study a full-time degree-level course at Kingston University.

30 day visa

Students whose 30 day passport vignette to travel to the UK has expired, or is about to expire, can request a replacement vignette with revised validity dates provided they are still within the period of leave that was issued for their course. This will cost the equivalent of £154.

To make a request, students must contact the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre. The request must include the student's name, nationality, date of birth and GWF reference number with 'REPLACEMENT 30 DAY VISA' in the subject line.

Students who have already contacted the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre about this must let them know in their email. Students will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre (VAC) to arrange for a replacement visa to be endorsed in their passport. Students will not be penalised for being unable collect their Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) while coronavirus measures are in place.

Brexit and EU Settlement Status

If you are a student from the European Union, the European Economic Area, or Switzerland, and will be studying at Kingston University from September 2021, please read this important information.

Biometric Residence Permit collection

If you're entering the UK on a visa you'll need to collect your Biometric Residence Permit within ten days of arrival. You'll need this card before you enrol on your course and, if required, to register with the police.

Registering with the police

A small number of international students are required by the British government to register with the Overseas Visitors Records Office (OVRO) within seven days of arrival in the UK. The stamp or the visa sticker in your passport will state if you need to register with the police.

Working in the UK

Working in the UK is a great way to earn money, develop your skills and enhance your student experience.

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

Information about the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), a very important number and electronic document that is a compulsory requirement to support a Student Visa application.

Contact us

International enquiries
Tel: +44(0)20 8417 3411