Search our site
Search our site

Passport control

There will be different queues for EEA (European Economic Area) and non-EEA nationals at passport control. You will need to have the following documents available to show the immigration officer:

  • your passport (or national identity card for EEA nationals);

For Student Route visas (formerly Tier 4 visas) - your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), this can be the email you received on your iPhone (This is particularly important if your current visa doesn't cover the full length of your course and you will be extending your visa in the UK)

  • UK Biometrics Residence Permit (BRP (only if you have one)
  • Your decision letter that you received when you applied for your visa overseas
  • Bank statements or official sponsorship letters showing you can pay your fees and living costs
  • For Short-term student visas - your unconditional offer letter and/or your Short-term study visa support letter
  • You may be asked questions about why you are coming to the UK, your studies and how much you are paying for your course
  • a medical certificate (TB) (if required)

We also recommend having details of your accommodation arrangements.

Contact us

International enquiries
Tel: +44(0)20 8417 3411