London is one of the most exciting cities in the world. And with more than 100,000 international students studying here – more than in any other city – it's a great place to be a student.
You'll have a lot of fun exploring the city, from taking a ride on the famous to visiting historical landmarks such as and the .
London is a global centre of culture. The city has:
- more than 300 museums and art galleries – from the British Museum to the Tate Galleries;
- more than 200 theatres and 600 cinemas; and
- specialist libraries and archives, such as the British Library and the British Film Institute.
When you are ready to take a break from your studies, London provides:
- a huge variety of restaurants and shops
- lovely green spaces where you can relax, such as Regent's Park and Hyde Park
- a taste of home – multicultural London is home to many different cultures.
London offers fantastic employment and work experience opportunities. London is a centre for:
- business – more than 300,000 people work in financial services;
- science – London is home to world-famous hospitals and scientific institutions, such as the Royal Society; and
- creativity – London is a centre of the creative industries, including fashion, film, advertising and design. One in five new jobs in London are in the creative industries.
London is an ideal base from which to explore Europe. Paris is only two and half hours away by , and fly from London's airports to cities all over Europe.
Find out more from the and websites.