Kingston University supports STAR's Equal Access University Scholarships for Refugees and Asylum Seekers in the UK project to promote access to higher education for people who have fled persecution and sought asylum in the UK.
Awards for students seeking sanctuary
We currently offer:
- Four full fee-remitted places each year to successful undergraduate applicants;
- An annual £5,000 bursary to support students with living costs; and
- A place on our KU Cares Scheme, which includes a designated member of staff to provide support, guidance and opportunities throughout your studies.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You are an asylum seeker or the partner / dependant of an asylum seeker; or
- You have been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status as a result of an asylum or human rights application and demonstrate that you have been assessed as ineligible to apply for Student Finance;
- Important: You must have submitted an application to study at Kingston University for the forthcoming academic year before your Sanctuary award application can be considered.
Applications for a September 2020 start are now closed.
Read more information about similar awards offered by other universities.