Search our site
Search our site

Information for this year's graduates

The following pages explain how Kingston University graduates can obtain proof of study and final award.

Please note: there is a different process to follow if you are Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education graduate, and have gained a University of London award or a St George's award. Find out more.

Please note: Graduates from 2014 onwards cannot purchase a Diploma Supplement or Transcript as these have been replaced by the Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR).

Please read the following notes carefully before you complete anything.

Kingston University graduates

Request for a certificate 

  • This year's graduates
    If you didn't attend a recent graduation ceremony we will be contacting you shortly to let you know when your certificate will be posted. 
  • Graduates from previous years
    If you did not attend your ceremony and have not received your certificate, please email Please provide your Kingston University ID Number, your full name, date of birth and an address to send the certificate to.

We only retain graduation documents for 5 years. If it's been more than 5 years since you graduated, you will need to purchase replacement documents via the relevant links on this website.

How we post your certificate

Within the UK

  • We use Royal Mail recorded mail.
  • A signature will be required.


  • We use Royal Mail International Tracked and signed.
  • A signature will be required.

Please ensure that someone will be at the address you provided to sign when the certificate arrives.

We cannot use private couriers. 

How long does it take?

During the graduation period we're very busy, so it could take up to six weeks to send the documents you requested. At other times, your request should be turned around within 15 working days.

Name changes

The name entered on the enrolment form and verified as part of the enrolment procedures, is the one that will appear on a graduation certificate. 

It doesn't have to be your full name, as on your passport. For example, your middle name may be omitted, as long as sufficient evidence is produced to ensure you're recognisably the same person named on the passport (or some other proof of ID). However, if you subsequently change your mind, you will have to re-submit original proof of any amendment before your final Programme Assessment Board (PAB) meets to agree your final classification.

If your name has changed since you started your course (for example, you got married), you should take your original proof of ID, such as marriage certificate or deed poll, to your school office to get your name changed on the system before your final Programme Assessment Board meets to agree your final classification.

Your name cannot be changed once your award has been formally agreed by the Programme Assessment Board – unless the reasons for that change are considered exceptional.

If you can prove the name was changed before PAB agreement, a change will be considered. However, we'll charge £30 if certificates have already been produced. 

Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education students who have gained a University of London award or a St George's award

Please note that if you are a graduate of any of the courses listed below, you will need to use the respective contact information provided, to obtain your graduation documents: 

Clinical Practice MRes, Advanced Practice PgDip and MSc, Advanced Practice (Cancer Care) MSc, Independent & Supplementary Prescribing PgCert, BSc and graduate diploma in Cancer Care, BSc and Diploma in Health Practice (all routes), Paramedic Science FdSc, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Radiography BSc(Hons).

Graduates of these courses, please use the following contact information:

All University of London awards (postgraduate and undergraduate)

All St George's awards (postgraduate, undergraduate including CPPD)

Contact us

Email: about graduation ceremonies and alumni

Email: about requesting your original certificate

Email: about your online order

Site menu