Check out our top tips below if you're thinking of commuting from your current home – whether it's because your parents (or other relatives) already live near to Kingston or you're a mature student with commitments elsewhere in London.
- Can I get a discount on travel?
- Yes, if you are a full-time student, you can apply for discounted travel on the network (some part-time students may also be eligible). Once you have enrolled, you'll be able to apply via My Kingston, our student intranet (remember you can't apply for the discount until after you have enrolled so please don't contact us yet!). Even better, we also run our own bus service between Kingston University campuses, which is free for students.
- How do I find my way around?
If you're not sure about the best way to reach Kingston from your home or how long the journey might take you, check our directions pages.
- Will I miss out on social activities if I commute from home?
No, don't worry about missing out on anything – because lots of our students choose to commute from elsewhere, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved and make new friends.
- What do current students think about commuting from home?
Watch a video of current students' experiences or read more below about what our students say: