Search our site
Search our site

Financial information for EU students 2016/17

Tuition fees

For 2015, undergraduate tuition fees for students from the European Union will depend on your course of study, as follows:

Course Tuition fee in 2016/17
Foundation Year in Science
Foundation Year in Engineering
Foundation Year in Computing, Information Systems and Maths
Foundation degrees in Early Years (including Management & Leadership and Special Educational Needs) £5,050
All other foundation degrees £6,000
All honours degree and HND courses

These fees are annual and may increase in line with inflation each year.

You will be eligible for a tuition loan to cover the tuition fee costs for studying at Kingston University. This means you do not need to begin repaying the loan until you have finished studying and are earning more than £21,000 per year. If you work in another country, a lower income level may apply.

Further information about the tuition fee loan for EU students is available from GOV.UK.

Tuition fee support does not extend to funding for postgraduate courses, with the exception of PGCE courses. However, funding for some postgraduate courses may be available from Research Councils. Further information is available from the British Council.

Maintenance support

European nationals and their children, who satisfy certain residence criteria in the UK and Islands, may now become eligible for higher education maintenance support if studying in England and Wales. 

You may be eligible for a student loan as well as tuition fee support if:

  • you are an EU national or the child of such a person; and
  • you have lived in the UK and Islands (apart from temporary absences) for the three years before the start of your course (ie since 1 September 2013 for a course starting in September 2016); or you (or your parent/s or partner) came to the UK to work and you/they will continue doing that work whilst you are studying.

Residence in the UK and Islands wholly or mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education will no longer be excluded from this period and you will not need to be 'settled' in the UK within the meaning of the Immigration Act 1971.

Further information is available from GOV.UK.

Contact us

Student Life Centre: Advisory Team
Tel: +44 (0)20 8417 7312
Email us

International students
Site menu