Studying at Kingston
- International Foundation Year;
- English language programmes;
- Pre-masters Programme (Business and Management);
- Summer School, which offers a variety of classes.
You can also come to Kingston as visiting student on a Study Abroad or exchange programme.
We recognise a variety of international qualifications for entry.
If your first language is not English, it is important that you also achieve a good level of English language ability before starting your studies. Please check whether you meet our English language requirements.
The learning environment
Teaching methods vary from subject to subject, but most taught courses are delivered through:
- lectures – the most formal method of teaching, providing you with the foundation for further independent study;
- seminars – which encourage group discussion; and
- tutorials – smaller group discussions.
Other methods of teaching include:
- language laboratory classes;
- project work;
- science and technology practical exercises; and
- studio work in art and design.
Many courses also include a work placement, which give you the chance to gain practical experience in business or industry.
See what it's like
Watch our video about Kingston University.