Search our site
Search our site

International qualifications

In addition to standard A-levels and IB qualifications, we also accept qualifications (with good grades) from a range of other countries for study at undergraduate or postgraduate level.

Please visit the country-specific section for more detailed information about our entry requirements from your home country. You can also contact the National Academic Recognition Information Centre to find the British equivalent of your qualification.

Kingston has students from over 150 countries worldwide so if your country is not listed, please contact us for further information.

 Undergraduate study

  • Canada – Provincial Certificates/Diplomas
  • People's Republic of China – Senior High School Diploma or Chinese University Entrance Examination*/ recognised Foundation course in China
  • Cyprus – Apolytirion of Lykeion/recognised Foundation Course in Cyprus
  • Greece – Apolytirion of Lykeion/recognised Foundation Course in Greece
  • Hong Kong – Hong Kong Advanced Level Certificate (HKAL)/Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)
  • India – Standard Form XII
  • Japan – Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate or Junior College Diploma*/recognised Foundation Course in Japan
  • Kenya – East African Certificate of Education (EACE) AND East African Advanced Certificate of Education (EAACE) or A levels or recognised foundation course*
  • Malaysia – STPM with Principal level passes
  • Nigeria – Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) or NECO or the West African Senior School Certificate AND A levels or recognised foundation course*
  • Norway – Vitnemal Fra Den Videregaende Skole
  • Pakistan – Intermediate/High school Certificate or the F.Sc/Year 1 or Year 2 of university-level study with good grades
  • Russia – Attestat and A-levels or recognised foundation course*
  • South Korea – Junior College Diploma
  • Sri Lanka – Sri Lankan A-Levels (General Certificate of Education Advanced Level) or Cambridge A-levels
  • Taiwan – Senior High School Certificate AND recognised foundation course* or Junior College Diploma
  • Thailand – Year 1 or Year 2 of university-level study with good grades
  • Turkey – Deviet LISE Diplomasi/recognised Foundation Course in Turkey
  • USA – High School Diploma + minimum 2 APs and SATS

If you don't meet the entry requirements you may want to consider applying for our International Foundation Year.

* You will need to take our International foundation course before starting an undergraduate degree.

Postgraduate study

You are normally required to hold a good recognised Bachelor degree from the UK or overseas. Find out more from our country-specific fact sheets.

We also require work experience for certain courses. Please see the postgraduate course list for specific entry details.

If you don't meet the entry requirements for a masters degree we offer a Pre-Masters Programme which offers routes into a variety of masters degrees in business and management.

Contact us

Visa and CAS enquiries
Tel: +44 (0)20 8417 3645

General international student enquiries
Tel: +44 (0)20 8417 3411

International students
Site menu