The cost of summer school 2017 is:
- £3,170 Sterling per student for one class; or
- £3,630 Sterling per student for two classes.
The price includes:
- group transportation to your accommodation from Heathrow or Gatwick airports on 5 July 2017 only (we will send you more information with your acceptance email);
- return group transportation to Heathrow or Gatwick airports on 6 August 2017 only;
- tuition fees, field trips and entrance fees for class visits;
- 32 nights' accommodation in single-occupancy bedrooms with private en-suite bathroom, and shared kitchen facilities;
- lunch for the first three days of the programme – 5, 6 and 7 July 2017;
- library and computing facilities – including email/internet access;
- a travelcard for one calendar month – giving unlimited travel on the underground, buses, overground and trains throughout Greater London (London zones one–six);
- calendar of social events. In the past this has included welcome reception, movie nights, BBQ and farewell party with dinner;
- orientation programme – including a walking tour of Kingston town and the University; and
- enrolment at Kingston University and certificate of credits earned on completion of programme.
The price does not include:
- roundtrip airfare and/or other travel costs for getting to the UK;
- local travel outside of London;
- food and beverages (unless specified);
- accommodation for friends and family of students; or
- costs of additional travel at weekends.
Some scholarships are available to help with the costs.
How do I pay my fees?
All amounts are payable in pounds sterling and can be paid by inter-bank transfer or by credit card. In the middle of May, we will bill you for your fees. Your fees must be paid in full by the middle of June 2017.
Is there a refund policy?
- If you withdraw before 15 May 2017 there is no charge.
- If you withdraw after 15 May 2017 and before arriving at Kingston University, you will receive a 100% refund of fees, less a £500 administration charge.
- If you withdraw after arriving at Kingston University:
- you will receive a 90% refund, less a £500 administration charge if you withdraw prior to first day of classes (7 July 2017)
- you will receive a 75% refund, less a £500 administration charge refund if you withdraw after the first day of classes (7 July 2017) but before 13 July 2017 (the end of the first week of teaching)
- you will receive no refund if you withdraw after 13 July 2017
What about financial aid from my home university?
Kingston University is not able to administer any financial aid/scholarships that summer school students would normally receive through their home college/university. Students from the US in receipt of Financial Aid must check with the Financial Aid Office at their home institution about the procedures while studying abroad.