Empowering for change
The Sustainability Hub offers opportunities to reconnect with nature on campus and track our staff and students' wellbeing as a result of taking part.
At the Sustainability Hub, we:
- Understand the needs and expectations of our staff, students and other stakeholders.
- Strive to create a culture of sustainability, empowering staff and students to take action to improve the local environment.
- Equip students with sustainability skills through environmental accreditations and award schemes such as Student Switch Off and Green Connectors.
- Run sustainability events and/or have a presence at major Kingston University events.
- Nurture collaboration and create platforms for sharing knowledge and good practice across Kingston University and beyond.
- Provide evidence and data to help our staff make informed decisions and do things better.
- Provide practical experiences through volunteering opportunities.
- Offer coaching, mentoring and support to those with a sustainability idea.
- Train staff and students so they understand what is expected of them to help maintain a pleasant, compliant and efficient campus.
- Take part in external benchmarks.
- Report progress to internal and external stakeholders, and communicate our approach to external individuals and organisations that work with us.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to sustainable and ethical practice in learning, teaching and research and operations.
- Support staff and managers across the University to demonstrate their own leadership in sustainability and ethics, as it applies to their area of responsibility.
- Engage with and share results through international and national frameworks.
- Make informal learning opportunities relating to sustainability widely available within the Kingston Award; including active volunteering.