Early Years Foundation Degree FdA
|Where taught||Attendance||UCAS code||Campus code||Year of entry|
|Brooklands College – Weybridge campus||2 years full time (employment based)||X110||L||Clearing 2014 and 2015|
|Kensington and Chelsea College||2 years full time (employment based)||X110||T||Clearing 2014 and 2015|
|Kingston College||2 years full time (employment based)||X110||K||Clearing 2014 and 2015|
|NESCOT||2 years full time (employment based)||X110||O||Clearing 2014 and 2015|
|NEWTEC||2 years full time (employment based)||X110||U||Clearing 2014 and 2015|
|Richmond College||2 years full time (employment based)||X110||R||Clearing 2014 and 2015|
|South Thames College||2 years full time (employment based)||X110||S||Clearing 2014 and 2015|
|West Thames College||2 years full time (employment based)||X110||W||Clearing 2014 and 2015|
|Whitefield Schools and Centre||2 years full time (employment based)||X110||X||Clearing 2014 and 2015|
Why choose this course?
If you are currently working in an Early Years setting and want to gain a qualification that will help your professional progression, this sector-endorsed, work-based course enables you to 'learn as you earn' by combining workplace learning with part-time study at a local college.
What you will study?
The course curriculum covers all areas of the care and development of children that you need for working in an early years setting. The course offers routes for:
- teaching assistants;
- nursery nurses;
- nursery managers;
- learning support assistants;
- childminders; and
- childcare workforce development officers.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. Those listed here may also be a mixture of core and optional modules.
- Personal and Professional Development Through Reflective Practice
- Child Development, Observation and Assessment
- Child Protection and Ethical Practices of Working With Children
- Inclusive Education and Interprofessional Perspectives
- Historical and International Perspectives of Early Years Education
- Early Years Pedagogy and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Special Project