The Bioimaging Group aims to:
- bring together expertise from biomedical sciences, computer science and image vision;
- provide a platform to exchange ideas and expertise for multidisciplinary biomedical research projects;
- apply image segmentation, visualisation and analysis techniques for biomedical sciences;
- enable an objective analysis of image data obtained from phase contrast and fluorescent microscopy;
- develop novel imaging techniques to analyse large multi-dimensional datasets for dynamic studies of cell behaviour and complex cell-cell interactions; and
- utilise and develop high performance computing techniques for the processing of large bio-imaging datasets.