All students from outside the United Kingdom need to meet our English language requirements. These depend on whether you are applying for pre-degree, undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Applicants from one of the recognised Majority English Speaking Countries (MESCs) do not need to meet these requirements.
If you don't achieve the required score, you may be eligible to join our pre-sessional English language course.
|Level of entry ||General qualification requirement |
|Foundation || |
- Successful completion of Tawjihiyya or Secondary School Certificate.
- A portfolio of art work is also required for the Art and Design Foundation course.
|Undergraduate || |
- Associate degree (American University Dubai).
- Associated Diploma and Higher Diploma qualifications.
- A-levels or International Baccalaureate.
- Recognised Foundation course in the UK.
- Holders of recognised post-secondary qualifications will be considered for advanced standing into second or possibly final year for some courses.
|Postgraduate taught masters || |
- Bachelor degree from a recognised university.
- For certain courses, work experience will also be required. Please see the postgraduate course page for specific course entry details.
|Postgraduate research || |
- Postgraduate masters degree.
*Applications are considered on an individual basis and other qualifications/work experience may be taken into consideration.
You can also view our undergraduate and postgraduate courses.