All students from outside the United Kingdom need to meet our English language requirements. These depend on whether you are applying for pre-degree, undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Applicants from one of the recognised Majority English Speaking Countries (MESCs) do not need to meet these requirements.
If you don't achieve the required score, you may be eligible to join our pre-sessional English language course.
|Level of entry ||General qualification requirement |
|Foundation || |
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education.
|Undergraduate || |
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education; and
- Higher/Technical Diploma; or
- A-levels or International Baccalaureate; or
- Recognised foundation course in the UK.
- Applicants with certain college diplomas may be eligible for advance standing.
|Postgraduate taught masters || |
- A good second class honours degree from a recognised institution.
- A good honours bachelors degree from the UK.
- For certain courses, work experience will also be required.
Please see the postgraduate course page for specific course entry details.
|Postgraduate research || |
- Postgraduate masters degree or a good honours bachelors degree in a relevant subject.
*Applications are considered on an individual basis and other qualifications/work experience may be taken into consideration.
You can also view our undergraduate and postgraduate courses.