Your course might also include workshops and talks with industry specialists or other events. For example:
- creative writing students benefit from readings from authors such as Liz Jensen, Mark Ford and Carole Burns;
- business students have been to networking events with companies such as HSBC, British Airways and PricewaterhouseCoopers; and
- film and television students have visited BBC Television Centre and prop companies.
The University also hosts a wide range of conferences and seminars, with recent topics including:
- The Politics of Mass Murder;
- New Perspectives on Mary Tudor;
- The Entrepreneurial Experience;
- Recent Advances in the Micromechanics of Ductile Fracture; and
- Tracking and Analysis of Cells in Co-culture.
We also hold regular public lectures and conferences.