Kingston University Matters
The University has a proud heritage of educating people and advancing knowledge, making a difference to the world around us; having impact. We will build on this heritage through our commitment to high academic achievement, to supporting an inclusive learning and innovating community, and through a balance of scholarship, research and professional practice. The Corporate Plan sets out our overarching goals and character through vision and mission statements and our aims for students, staff and the local and global community.
Corporate Plan – vision, mission and aims
Our students will be sought after for their academic achievements, and their ability to shape society and contribute to the economy.
To enhance students' life chances through inspiring learning, advancing knowledge, innovating professional practice and engaging with society.
- will study a curriculum that equips them with the academic, social, and personal skills to prosper in global and diverse environments;
- will value their own diversity of backgrounds, identities and experiences;
- will learn in an environment of encouragement and support;
- will be part of a physical and virtual campus community;
- will have varied and extensive opportunities to enhance their practical and professional skills.
- will engage with the latest scholarship, research and professional practice to deliver the best possible teaching, curriculum, and student experience;
- will produce research that has impact and contributes to a vibrant learning culture;
- will have a commitment to inclusive higher education and to helping develop social capital;
- will have a diversity of backgrounds and identities;
- will be supported in developing their skills and abilities.
Our local and global community
- will seek our research and expertise for its impact on culture, society and industry;
- will seek our students and graduates as employees, partners and providers of services;
- will benefit from our commitment to sustainability and support for local and regional communities and groups.
Our Strategic Plan (KU22) aims to:
- Develop sought-after students by providing an inclusive and supportive student experience, fostering personal development and social acumen, and improving career prospects.
We aim to capitalise on our broad range of subject areas and diverse community to help individuals prosper.
- Advance knowledge and impact society by improving the quality and quantity of our research and knowledge exchange, demonstrating our desirability to business and other potential partners, and providing opportunities for skills development locally and regionally.
We aim to advance our subject areas and increase our societal influence and impact.
- Foster a vibrant learning community by developing an inclusive and diverse environment for our students and staff.
We aim to build a Kingston community.