- Kingston University is a corporate body created by statute (PDF).
- The Board of Governors is responsible for the strategic direction of the University. It is chaired by Francis Small.
- The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Steven Spier is responsible for all aspects of the operation of the University. He is assisted in the discharge of his duties by the Senior Leadership Team:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Professor Martyn Jones
- University Registrar, Keith Brennan
- Chief Financial Officer, Caroline Harries
- Head of HR, Peter Mitchell
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education), Professor Trish Reid
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (Strategic Development) Professor Simon Wortham
- Dean of the Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education / Pro Vice-Chancellor, Professor Andy Kent
- Dean of the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing / Pro Vice-Chancellor, Dr David Mackintosh
- Dean of the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences / Pro Vice-Chancellor, Professor Jill Schofield
- Interim Dean of Kingston School of Art, Mandy Ure
- The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) meet regularly to discuss and advise on key issues.
- The Senate is the University's senior consultative committee for all academic matters, and has responsibility for these under the University's Articles of Government. It is chaired by the Vice-Chancellor.
- The four faculties of academic staff are divided into schools.
- The central and support departments help staff and students.
- Download the University's organisational chart (PDF).
- The academic year is divided into three terms.
The University's mission
- Our mission is to promote participation in higher education and the University's Strategic Plan assesses our progress and looks to the future.
- The campus development plan is a multi-million pound investment in our estate to benefit students, staff and the local community.
- The University policies and regulations ensure we maintain high standards.
Other bodies the University works with
Through these networks, we aim to widen access to education and collaborate with key stakeholders.