Search our site
Search our site

Financial information for Canadian students

The Federal and Provincial Governments offer financial aid to Canadians studying at Kingston University London. We are a public institution with code PXBJ (although some provinces/territories may use a different code). Canadian loans are means-tested, meaning you must demonstrate financial need in order to qualify for financial aid.

Generally, students interested in applying for a loan must do so through their provincial/territorial student assistance office or website. When you apply for a loan, you are considered for funding by both the Provincial and Federal Government, meaning you only have to apply once for funding for the year. While federal loans are handled through a lender called the National Student Loans Service Centre, provincial loans are handled through the provincial governments and student aid branches. Please visit the Campus Access website for a comprehensive overview of the financial aid application process.

Your provincial Student Finance Department and not the University will process most of your loans. However, you may require University signatures or verification of your student status. The University must also confirm that you have been accepted onto a course or are already enrolled with us before any financial aid will be disbursed to you. If you need to contact us, please do so at:

  • Student Funds (Attn: Financial Aid)
    Kingston University
    John Galsworthy Building
    Penrhyn Road
    Kingston upon Thames
    KT1 2EE

    Tel: +44 (0)20 8417 7315

Canadian taxpayers

Canadian taxpayers, who are studying full-time for a degree at Kingston University, are now eligible to claim the appropriate percentage of tuition fees paid (subject to certain restrictions) as a tax credit. Also the parent/guardian of such a student is eligible to claim the transferred portion of tuition fees allowed under the Canadian Income Tax Act.

Students wishing to make such a claim need to ensure that they have receipts bearing the name of the University.

Useful websites

General information about Federal Aid:

Student Assistance contacts for each province and territory:

Contact us

Student Life, Health and Wellbeing Services: Student Funds Team
Tel: +44 (0)20 8417 7315