Search our site
Search our site

Fees for international students

The fees at Kingston University vary according to which course or programme you have decided to study and whether you are eligible to pay the overseas or home student fees. For the exact price, please visit the relevant course page.

Undergraduate degrees

Read about the undergraduate tuition fees.

Postgraduate degrees

For the tuition fees, please visit the relevant course page.

Do I pay the home or overseas rate fees?

If you apply to Kingston we will either automatically assign you a fee status or ask you to complete an Online Fee Task (OFT) via the Online Student Information System (OSIS) once we make you an offer. However if we need additional information or have reason to believe information has been provided in error, we may ask via email for further details to help us with our assessment. Once you have been fully fee assessed you will receive an email from us which gives details of how to query the outcome if you believe it to be incorrect.

We are not able to make a decision on your fee status before an application.

To establish how we assess your fee status you can find information about how this is determined on the UKCISA website.

EU nationals

EU nationals applying for university places from the 2021/22 academic year will no longer be eligible for Home fee status and will therefore be charged International fees at universities in England. If you are an EU national who has pre-settled/settled status you are likely to be eligible for Home fee status and financial support from Student Finance England for the year 2021/22 and beyond. Otherwise the International fees will apply.

This decision only applies to new EU nationals starting in 2021/22. If you are an existing/continuing EU student, you will continue to be funded until you graduate or withdraw from your course.

Fee information

Fees are effective from 1 August in the academic year in which you begin your studies. Most fees increase each year, in line with inflation. All fees are in pounds sterling (£) and are for one academic year, not the whole course.


All postgraduate taught (masters) applicants* (excluding Masters by Research MPhil/PhD) who require a Student Visa must pay:

A £5,000 non-refundable deposit*, which is treated as part of the first instalment of your tuition fee before we can issue the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

* exclusions apply, see below.


You are not required to pay the non-refundable deposit if:

  • you are an undergraduate student;
  • you do not require a Student Visa to study at Kingston University;
  • your studies are being sponsored by your government or a company (evidence of your sponsorship must be provided); or
  • you are receiving funding/a student loan from Lånekassen, US Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Canada Student Financial Assistance Program (CSFA Program) (evidence must be provided);
  • You are receiving a student loan from a regulated student loan scheme (evidence of your student loan for the full fee amount must be provided).

Pay your non-refundable deposit now

Upload your supporting documents and request your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) through the Online Student Information System (OSIS).

Is the deposit refundable if I do not receive my visa?

This deposit is not normally refundable but can be held if you need to defer your place.

Refunds may be considered at the University's sole discretion if you don't receive your Student Visa for reasons the University considers were beyond your control and you can provide sufficient documentary evidence.

Before you apply for your Student Visa you must ensure that you have:

  • provided correct documentation for your visa application; and
  • evidence of sufficient funds to study in the UK for both your tuition and maintenance fees; and
  • evidence that these funds have been held in the account for the required length of time, and that this account is approved by the Home Office;
  • used ONLY original documents to apply for your Student Visa;
  • declared any previous visa refusals or criminal convictions in the UK or overseas.

You should prepare your documents in advance and maintain your finances to ensure that you continue to meet the maintenance requirements before your visa application has been processed.

Appeals for refunds must be made within three months of the start date specified on your CAS and include documentary evidence to support your case. To request a refund you must do this by email.

How to pay

International students (who are non-EU) must pay at least 50% of the tuition fees before enrolment**. 

The remaining 50% will also need to have been paid prior the completion of your enrolment, unless you would like to pay by instalment in line with the University's payment plan.

In order to pay by instalment you will need to set up a Recurring Card Payment (RCP) instruction using an International or a UK-issued card before you complete your online enrolment.

Find out more:

Money Matters guides

Our Money Matters guides will provide all the information you need.

** Payment methods differ for students applying for preparatory courses offered by the International Study Centre and for Study Abroad students.

In order to pay by instalment you will need to set up a Recurring Card Payment (RCP) instruction using an International or UK-issued card before you complete your online enrolment.

Contact us

Debt Recovery (for fee payment queries)
Tel: +44 (0)20 8417 3333