What this course offers you
If you choose to study this course, here are some of the things you can expect from the course and how it will benefit you.
- A clear focus on the practical application of applied linguistics.
- A distinctive dissertation option which encourages critical reflection of language teacher training.
- Core modules which introduce the conceptual foundations of the subject, and optional modules which cover topics that allow students to develop their own paths of enquiry.
- Observations of teachers in practice to gain a deeper understanding of classroom management and language teaching pedagogy.
- Opportunities for students to design and use teaching materials.
- Employability skills such as criticality and advanced oral and written communication are embedded into the course which are relevant to not only language teaching, but also to teaching related professions.
- Research skills from both qualitative and quantitative perspectives.
- A personal tutor scheme which ensures students receive one to one contact with a tutor for academic and personal support.