Many of our staff in the School of Education are research active. This ensures they are in touch with the latest thinking and bring best practice to your studies.
at Kingston focuses on:
- practitioner research – subject pedagogy, curriculum design, educational leadership, school improvement, policy making and policy analysis;
- promotion of partnerships and networks;
- local management of schools; and
- professional practice – for policy makers and practitioners involved in education, teaching or related areas.
Members of the School of Education regularly attend international conferences, such as:
- the British Educational Research Association (BERA) annual meeting;
- the International Institute for Critical Pedagogy and Transformative Leadership; and
- a range of teacher research conferences and events.
The latest ideas from these conferences then feed back into your teaching.