View all upcoming events at Kingston University.
Time: 10.00am - 1.00pm
Venue: Room 2.5, Hunter Wing, Second Floor, St Georgeâ€™s University of London, St George's, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE
Speaker(s): Keynote: Dr Mike Hurley, Professor of Rehabilitation and Clinical Director Health Innovation Network South London
The 2018 Implementation and Improvement Science Mini Conference
Suitable for anyone interested in hearing about successes, creativity and pitfalls of improvement and implementation research.
Chairs: Professors Annette Boaz and Fiona Jones. Co-founders of the Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education's Implementation and Improvement Research Group
10.00am - 10.30am: Registration and refreshments
10.30am - 10.45am Keynote
‘Spreading a complex health intervention - where we've ESCAPEd to, and how'.
Dr Mike Hurley, Professor of Rehabilitation and Clinical Director Health Innovation Network South London.
10.45am - 11.15am: Session 1
1) CREATE (Collaborative Rehabilitation Environments in AcuTe strokE) - Using Experience-based Co-design on two acute stroke wards in London Dr Karolina Gombert , Research Associate Centre for Health and Social Care Research.
2) Stroke unit therapy: Reading between the headlines. Dr Elizabeth Taylor, Senior Lecturer in Occupational Therapy, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences.
11.15am - 11.45am Coffee break and poster viewing
11.45am - 12.30pm: Session 2
3) Getting over the Bump: a collaborative project between Maternal Medicine Midwives and Occupational Therapy - Cheryl Edwards, Principal Occupational Therapist, St Georges Hospital.
4) No "I' in Teams: Lessons from a Quality Improvement Collaborative within a Network - Jennifer Egbunike, Senior Lecturer School of Nursing.
5) Evaluative research for Improvement and Implementation: Insights from work with government arm's length bodies. Deborah Harding Associate Professor and Liz Treadwell, Senior Lecturer, Department of Rehabilitation
12.30pm Closing remarks by Annette and Fiona followed by lunch
Drop in or stay for the whole conference - all welcome.
Booking is essential to attend this event.
For further information about this event:
Contact: FHSCE Events Team
Tel: 0208 725 4735
Directions to Room 2.5, Hunter Wing, Second Floor, St Georgeâ€™s University of London, St George's, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE:
FHSCE Events Team
Tel: 0208 725 4735