Search our site
Search our site

Annual Fund postgraduate scholarships: FAQs

What is a transcript?

A transcript is a listing of all the modules you took and the marks you received when you did your first degree. If you do not have a transcript, please contact your university as soon as possible as ask them to send you a copy of your transcript. If your institution offers the Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) instead of an academic transcript, you will need to provide access to your electronic record.

  • Please only send transcripts for the most recent degree completed.
  • Please do not send the original transcript – we only need a copy.
  • Please do not send a copy of your degree certificate (it is not a transcript).

Who should write my reference letter and what should it include?

A past tutor, employer or tutor on the postgraduate course you are applying for should write your reference letter, i.e. someone who is aware of your academic ability and potential. It should address the following points:

  • their relationship with the applicant, eg undergraduate tutor;
  • why the applicant deserves a scholarship, including comments on academic ability and potential; and
  • why they think the applicant will be an asset to the chosen course of study.

Where can I find my application number?

Your applicant number will be on your offer letter. You must include your applicant number on your scholarship application. We will not consider any applications that do not contain this number.

What happens after I have submitted my scholarship application?

Once we have received your application, we will acknowledge receipt by email where possible. If we receive your application close to the deadline you will not receive an acknowledgement but just the outcome of your application (if you have been successful).

Who decides and how will I find out the result?

The scholarships committee makes the decision on the award of scholarships. Once decisions have been made, the successful applicants will be emailed informing them of the outcome. The large volume of applications means we will not contact unsuccessful students. 

Please note that the committee will not undertake or participate in any individual correspondence with applicants either before or after the decision has been made.

The decision of the committee is final.

What happens if I am awarded a scholarship?

If you are awarded a scholarship, we will, in the first instance, inform you by email.

On confirmation of receipt of the email and your postal address we will send you an official letter informing you of the details of your award. 

You must formally accept the scholarship and the conditions of the award in writing.

The conditions of the award will require your participation in promotional activities for the university. This may include attendance at receptions and social events and/or provision of testimonials and articles for use in publicity materials and reports.

What happens if I decide to defer my admission or change my course after I have been awarded a scholarship?

The scholarship must be used for the academic course and during year for which they were applied and awarded. If you change course or defer the year of entry, the offer of a scholarship will be withdrawn.

Where can I find out more?

For further information, please contact:

Contact us

Tel: +44 (0)20 8417 3112
Email us

Contact us

Tel: +44 (0)20 8417 3112
Email us

Find a course

Course finder

Find a course
Postgraduate students in computer suite