Kingston University is pleased to offer a 10% discount to our alumni who are progressing to study on a full-time or part-time postgraduate degree course. Courses eligible for this discount include masters, research programmes, PGCE and MArch in Architecture courses. The discount will apply to home and international fee status students.
Search our postgraduate courses >
Qualifying as Kingston University alumni
The 10% discount is offered to alumni who have attained a bachelors degree from Kingston University and all predecessor institutions.
You will also receive the discount if you have completed a qualifying Kingston University masters-level qualification and are progressing to a new postgraduate course (masters or doctorate). The discount will also apply to progression on particular courses, such as MArch in Architecture progressing to PGDip Professional Practice in Architecture.
If you do not qualify for this discount, there may be other scholarships, bursaries or discounts for which you do qualify – check our postgraduate fees and funding web pages for further information.
The discount is awarded by the Invoicing Team and is usually an automatic process. There may be some cases where you may need to provide evidence of your previous award if you do not receive the discount.
When completing your application you will be asked to state your previous course at Kingston and to supply your Kingston University ID number if applicable.
Please note: you do not need to complete a separate application form.
Once you've applied for your course, we will check your eligibility for the discount. If you are eligible, the discount will be applied to your course fees invoice, or if you're paying in instalments, your final instalment will be reduced by the value of the discount. Please note: you will receive an invoice for the full course fee. The discount is applied as a credit to this invoice shortly afterwards. You will receive a separate credit note via email.
Terms and conditions
- In order to be eligible for the discount please ensure you make us aware of your previous study when completing the online enrolment process. Any amendments to the information you supplied about your previous study must be provided within 10 days of your registration at Kingston University and not later than 14 October (for September starts) or 3 February (for January starts).
- This discount of 10% applies to home and international fee status students.
- This discount is offered on full-time and part-time postgraduate courses.
- This discount is not available to international alumni who have applied to Kingston University using an educational representative/agent.
- The alumni discount generally applies to holders of a masters award who chose to study a new, unrelated masters or a research degree.
- Alumni that have completed a Kingston University degree at partner institutions do qualify for the discount, provided the degree awarded was a Kingston University (or predecessor institution) bachelors degree.
- Final decisions on eligibility will be determined by the University.
- This discount cannot be combined with any other alumni or loyalty discounts offered by Kingston University, including faculty, department or school discounts that may be available.
- Alumni who have completed an undergraduate and postgraduate degree at Kingston are still eligible for the discount on additional postgraduate courses. In order to be eligible for the discount, ensure you include details of your Kingston University degree(s) on your application.
- Students that withdraw or take a break in their studies will no longer be eligible for the discount and will therefore be liable for the relevant percentage of the full course fee determined by the date of their withdrawal or break. Further information can be found on the withdrawal cut-off for postgraduate study page.
- Students transferring to a course that is ineligible for the discount will be re-invoiced for the full fee due.
- The discount applies to standard course fees only and is not applicable to module repeat fees, pro-rata study fees, etc.