Kingston School of Art
Recognised as one of the best art and design schools for teaching and research in Europe, and many parts of the world. Our excellent reputation leads us to work with many prestigious institutions and companies, with our students often collaborating on live briefs and projects.
Business and Social Sciences
Kingston Business School
One of 5 per cent of business schools in the world with AACSB accreditation, and silver Small Business Chartered Award status. We recently launched our innovative three year business degrees which include integrated placements and internships, and business readiness programmes.
Leadership and management
- Bespoke training for organisations such as Volvo and PPHE Hotels.
- Our MBA is ranked top in Russia, and among the top 50 in the world (QS rankings).
Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership with Equas to build a compliance software tool for smaller businesses operating in the UAE.
- Our professional qualitative research summer school has run successfully for two years and attracts delegates from all over the world.
- Behavioural decision making experts at Kingston University explored attitudes to vaccinations for pharmaceuticals company, Sanofi Pasteur.
- Child development and neurodevelopment expertise in language and number development has helped companies to design and evaluate apps, games and toys for pre-schoolers interactive apps for Brainy Kids.
- Child Development and Learning Difficulties Unit carries out internationally excellent research and runs workshops and training for professionals, parents and carers.
Health, Social Care and Education
Health and Social Care
A preferred training supplier for the NHS, and London and South East Coast Ambulance Services, with close partnerships with many local authorities and leading healthcare organisations such as the Royal College of Nursing. Ranked top course in London for nursing in the 2017 Guardian University Guide.
- Bridges, our pioneering programme that enables self-management among stroke survivors is now a spin-out company and has been adopted by healthcare providers.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership with Places for People Leisure to develop a programme for GP referred patients using SWIMTAG, a movement sensor technology worn while exercising.
- Health and wellbeing: Reviewing services for older people for The Royal Borough of Kingston's Public Health Department following the Care Act, 2014.
Consistently rated as one of the top education schools in the country.
Science, Engineering and Computing
Life Sciences, Pharmacy and Chemistry
- Chemistry: Knowledge Transfer Partnership which successfully investigated new and existing materials for intraocular lenses implanted in the eye to treat sight problems.
- Sports, Nutrition and Exercise: Kingston's sports science and nutrition degrees rank number 1 for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey.
- Our Human Performance Laboratory provides sport science consultancy to athletes of all standards.
- CORE, The Centre for Physical Education, Activity and Sport at the School of Education, aligns excellent teaching, research, and practice to transform the way children and young people engage with sport. CORE offers professional development and consultancy services for anyone involved in the sector.
Computer Science and Mathematics
- Digital Imaging: Consultancy in video analytics for technology used to track in-store customer behaviour.
- IT/Multimedia: Knowledge Transfer Partnership drawing on speech recognition expertise for a company specialising in workflow software.
- Wireless Multimedia and Networking: Fundamental and applied research on wireless communications and networking, media streaming and closely related fields. It investigates adaptive delivery of media information with an adequate quality of service and quality of experience.
- Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Education and Culture: The Centre aims to become a hub for applied cybersecurity activities, growing a network of companies and organisations, local and global, with which it will develop substantial business partnerships.
Engineering and the Environment
The Centre for Engineering, Environment and Society Research (CEESR) brings together researchers in engineering, environmental sciences and related disciplines. Our research looks at areas, such as medical science, where engineering is increasingly critical in finding solutions for our modern world.