1. Kostkova P, Farrell D, de Quincey E, Weinberg J, Lecky DM, McNulty CA. 'eBug-teaching children hygiene principles using educational games'. Studies in health technology and informatics 2010; 160: 600–604.
2. Lecky DM, McNulty CA, Touboul P, Herotova TK, Beneš J, Dellamonica P, Verlander N Q, Kostkova P and Weinberg J. 'Evaluation of e-Bug, an educational pack, teaching about prudent antibiotic use and hygiene, in the Czech Republic, France and England'. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2010; 65(12): 2674–2684.
3. Madle G, Kostkova P, Weinberg J. 'Bugs and drugs on the Web: changes in knowledge of users of a web-based education resource on antibiotic prescribing'. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2009 Jan 1; 63(1): 221–223
4. Westwood OM, Leinster SJ and Weinberg J. 'A healthcare curriculum for the 21st century: time for flexibility?' Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine 2008; 101: 59–62.
5. Gould DJ, et al. 'The CleanYourHandsCampaign: critiquing policy and the evidence base'. Journal of Hospital Infection 2007; 65(2): 95–101.
6. Weinberg J. 'Surveillance and control of infectious diseases at local, national and international levels'. Clinical Microbiology and Infection 2005; 11(Suppl 1): 12–14.
7. Olowokure B, et al. 'Influence of material deprivation on hospital admissions for gynaecologic infections'. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases 2004; 23(7): 535–538.
8. Weinberg J. 'Fighting infection'. Communicable Disease Public Health 2004; 7(1): 5–7.
9. Madle G., et al. 'Changing public attitudes to antibiotic prescribing: can the internet help?' Informatics in Primary Care 2004; 12(1): 19–26.
10. Williams P, et al. 'Information for the public about disease: usability issues in the development of the national Electronic Library for Communicable Diseases'. Aslib Proceedings 2004; 56(2): 99–103.
11. Hawker JI, et al. 'Social deprivation and hospital admission for respiratory infection: an ecological study'. Respiratory Medicine 2003; 97(11): 1219–1224.
12. Madle G, Kostkova P, Mani-Saada J, Weinberg J. 'Evaluating the changes in knowledge and attitudes of digital library users'. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2003; 2769: 29–40.
13. Fahey DK and Weinberg J. 'LASIK complications and the Internet: is the public being misled?' Journal of Medical Internet Research 2003; 5(1): e2.
14. Weinberg J. 'Globalisation: an idiots guide'. EuroHealth 2002; 8: 26–28.
15. McNulty CA, Gammie SM and Weinberg J. 'Antibiotic guidance on the web: an opportunity for open review'. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2002; 49(4): 667–669.
16. Reintjes R, et al. 'Detection and response to a meningococcal disease outbreak following a youth football tournament with teams from four European countries'. International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health 2002; 205(4): 291–296.
17. MacLehose L, McKee M and Weinberg J. ' Responding to the challenge of communicable disease in Europe'. Science 2002; 295(5562): 2047–2050.
18. MacLehose L, et al. 'Communicable disease outbreaks involving more than one country: systems approach to evaluating the response'. British Medical Journal 2001; 323(7317): 861–863.
19. Reintjes R, et al. 'Using hazard analysis critical control point methodology to evaluate the management of international outbreaks'. Gesundheitswesen 2000; 62(8-9): A52–A52.
20. Livermore DM, et al. 'Regional variation in ampicillin and trimethoprim resistance in escherichia coli in England from 1990 to 1997, in relation to antibacterial prescribing'. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2000; 46(3): 411–22.
21. Catchpole M, et al. Quarterly communicable disease review January to March 1999. From the PHLS Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre. Public Health Laboratory Service. Journal of Public Health 1999; 21(3): 348–54.
22. Olowokure B, et al. 'Deprivation and hospital admission for infectious intestinal diseases.' The Lancet 1999; 353(9155): 807–8.
23. Weinberg J, Grimaud O and Newton L, 'Establishing priorities for European collaboration in communicable disease surveillance'. European Journal of Public Health 1999; 9(3): 236–240.
24. Weinberg J. and Duerden B. 'How do you choose antibiotic treatment? Commentary: A matter of good clinical practice.' British Medical Journal 1999; 318: 1614–1618.
25. Weinberg J. 'Superbugs: the new dark age?' Hospital Medicine 1998; 59(8): 662.
26. Gray AM, et al. 'An economic analysis of varicella vaccination for health care workers'. Epidemiology and Infection 1997; 119(2): 209–220.
27. Osborne K, Weinberg J and Miller E. 'The European Sero-Epidemiology Network.' Eurosurveillance 1997; 2(4): 29–31.
28. Weinberg J, et al. 'Electronic communications and communicable disease surveillance at the national level in the European Union'. European Journal of Public Health 1997; 7(4): 454–456.
29. Weinberg J, Nohynek H, and Giesecke J. 'Development of a European electronic network on communicable diseases: the IDS-HSSCD programme'. Eurosurveillance 1997; 2: 51–53.
30. Davis TME, et al. 'Lactate turnover and forearm lactate metabolism in severe falciparum malaria'. Endocinology and Metabolism 1996; 3: 105–115.
31. Fairley CK, et al. 'The organisms reported to cause infective myocarditis and pericarditis in England and Wales'. Journal of Infection 1996; 32(3): 223–5.
32. Miller L, et al. European Commission COST/STD Initiative. Report of the expert panel III. European surveillance system for infectious disease. Report of the expert panel V. Harmonisation of European vaccination programmes. Vaccine 1996; 14(7): 611–623.
33. Pozniak AL, et al. 'Clinical and chest radiographic features of tuberculosis associated with human immunodeficiency virus in Zimbabwe'. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 1995; 152(5 Pt 1): 1558–1561.
34. Weinberg J and Simmonds S. 'Public health, epidemiology and war'. Social Science & Medicine 1995; 40(12): 1663–1669.
35. Weinberg J. 'The impact of ageing upon the need for medical beds: a Monte-Carlo simulation'. Journal of Public Health Medicine 1995; 17(3): 290–296.
36. Pozniak AL, et al. 'Tuberculous pericardial effusion associated with HIV infection: a sign of disseminated disease'. Tubercle and Lung Disease 1994; 75(4): 297–300.
37. Robertson A, McCloskey B and Weinberg J. 'Public health services in Bosnia'. The Lancet 1994; 343(8912): 1573–1574.
38. Puvacic Z and Weinberg J. 'Impact of war on infectious disease in Bosnia-Hercegovina'. BMJ 1994; 309(6963): 1207–1208.
39. Weinberg J, et al. 'Rhinocerebral mucormycosis diabetes mellitus and adrenogenital syndrome'. British Journal of Clinical Practice 1993; 47(2): 108–109.
40. Pozniak AL, et al. 'The influence of HIV status on single and multiple drug reactions to antituberculous therapy in Africa'. Aids 1992; 6(8): 809–14.
41. Weinberg J, et al. 'Lipopolysaccharide, tumor necrosis factor, and interleukin-1 interact to cause hypotension'. Journal of Laboratory & Clinical Medicine 1992; 120(2): 205–211.
42. Gair R, et al. 'Criteria for audit of annual reports on the public health: do they exist?' Journal of Public Health Medicine 1992; 14(2): 169–172.
43. Weinberg J. 'Fever, cytokines and shock'. Central African Journal of Medicine 1992; 38(3): 111–116.
44. Weinberg J and Darowski A. 'Measuring temperatures'. British Medical Journal 1992; 304(6838): 1381.
45. Pozniak A, Weinberg J and Macleod G. 'HIV and co-trimoxazole toxicity'. The Lancet, 1991; 338(8769): 760–761.
46. Weinberg J, et al. 'Capillary blood cell velocity is reduced in fever without hypotension'. International Journal of Microcirculation: Clinical and Experimental 1991; 10(1): 13–19.
47. Darowski A, Weinberg J and Guz A. 'Normal rectal, auditory canal, sublingual and axillary temperatures in elderly afebrile patients in a warm environment'. Age and Ageing 1991; 20(2): 113–119.
48. Darowski A, et al. 'Hypothermia and infection in elderly patients admitted to hospital'. Age and Ageing 1991; 20(2): 100–106.
49. Darowski A, et al. 'The increase in body temperature of elderly patients in the first twenty-four hours following admission to hospital'. Age and Ageing 1991; 20(2): 107–112.
50. Darowski A, et al. 'The febrile response to mild infections in elderly hospital inpatients'. Age and Ageing 1991; 20(3): 193–198.
51. Weinberg J, et al. 'Studies on the circulation in normotensive febrile patients'. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Physiology 1989; 74(3): 301–310.
52. Weinberg J, Wright PA and Cook GC. 'Tropical pyomyositis associated with Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense infection in a Europid'. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene 1989; 83(1): 77–79.
53. Seddon DJ, Thanabalasingham T and Weinberg J. 'Spontaneous fracture of the ulna complicating tuberculous osteomyelitis'. Postgraduate Medical Journal 1989; 65(770): 939–940.
54. Weinberg J, Wright, DJM and Guz A. 'Hypotension due to Interleukin-1 can be prevented by specific antibody in the conscious rabbit'. European Journal of Clinical Investigation 1988; 18: A52.
55. Weinberg J, Wright, DJM and Guz A. 'Interleukin-1 and tumour necrosis factor cause hypotension in the conscious rabbit'. Clinical Science 1988; 75(3): 251–255.
56. Weinberg J et al. 'Pubic osteomyelitis presenting as irritable hip'. Postgraduate Medical Journal 1987; 63(738): 301–302.
57. Jesuthasan, AJ, et al. 'Aerosolised pentamidine'.The Lancet 1987; 2(8565): 971–972.
58. Weinberg J and Coppack SP. 'Positive bromide partition test in the absence of tuberculous meningitis'. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry 1985; 48(3): 278–280.
59. Weinberg J, et al. 'Disseminated Mycobacterium xenopi infection'. The Lancet 1985; 1(8436): 1033–1034.
60. Anderson P, et al. 'Sexual behaviour and contraceptive practice of undergraduates at Oxford University'. Journal of Biosocial Science 1978; 10(3): 277–286.
61. Weinberg J. 'The Impact of Globalisation on Emerging Infectious Disease' in Lee K and Collin J (editors), Global Change and Health. Milton Keynes: Open University Press, 2005.
62. Weinberg J and Pencheon D. 'Providing data and evidence for practitioners and policy makers' in Pencheon D et al. (editors), Oxford Handbook of Public Health Practice. Oxford: Open University Press, 2006.
63. Begg, N, et al., Communicable Disease Control Handbook (Second edition). Oxford: Blackwell, 2005.
64. House of Lords: Select Committee on Science and Technology, Fighting Infection. London: House of Lords, 2003 (p.55).
65. Weinberg J, Maclehose L and Grein T. 'Besondere Methoden: Delphi, Hazard Analysis und Critical Control Point, Capture-Recapture', in Krämer A and Reintjes R (editors), Infektionsepidemiologie. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2003.
66. Weinberg J. 'Second meeting of the CCEE-Baltic States Communicable Disease Network' in Report on a WHO Meeting. Portorož, Slovenia: WHO European Region, 2002.
67. Weinberg J. 'Responding to the global challenge of infectious disease' in McKee M, Stott R and Garner P (editors). International Co-Operation in Health. Oxford University Press: Oxford, 2001 (p.49–60).
68. Weinberg J. 'First Meeting of the CEE-CDN 7-9 June' in CEE-CDN. Prague, Czech Republic, 2001.
69. Weinberg J. 'Infectious Disease', in McKee M (editor), Globalisation and Health. Harcourt Medical, 2001.
70. Weinberg J. 'Emerging Infections in Europe: Infections and their Policy Implications' in Davis J and Lederberg J (editors), Emerging Infectious Diseases from the Global to the Local Perspective. Washington DC: National Academy Press, 2001.
71. Hawker J, et al. Communicable Disease Control Handbook. Oxford: Blackwell, 2001.
72. Weinberg J. 'Outbreak Intelligence and Specialised Surveillance Networks' in Global Outbreak Alert and Response Network. Geneva: WHO, 2000.
73. Weinberg J. Consensus meeting on surveillance of infectious diseases: report on a WHO meeting Grottaferrata. Grottaferrata, Italy: WHO, 2000.
74. Standing Medical Advisory Committee, The Path of Least Resistance. London: Department of Health: 1998.
75. Weinberg J, Gillespie S and Baily G. 'Infectious Disease' in Axford J (editor), Internal Medicine. Oxford: Blackwell, 1996.
76. Weinberg J and Tooke JE. 'Imaging and investigating the microcirculation in Intensive Care Patients', in Kox W, Boultbee J and Donaldson J (editor). Imaging and Labelling Techniques in the Critically Ill. Berlin: Springer Verlag, 1988.
77. Weinberg J. The Little Blue Book (3rd edition). Oxford: WOLS, 1977.
78. Farrell D, Kostkova P, Weinberg J, Lecky D, McNulty C. Online games teaching children hygiene and antibiotic resistance: Evaluation of the e-Bug games. International Journal of Infectious Diseases 2010; 14(Supp 1): e43.
79. Gould D, et al. 'Reply to Stone et al.' Journal of Hospital Infection 2007; 66(3): 289–290.
80. Kostkova, P, et al. 'Agent-based Up-to-date Data Management in National electronic Library for Communicable Disease' in first International Workshop on Health Care Applications of Intelligent Agents, Agencities ID3. Barcelona, Spain, 2003.
81. Madle G, et al. 'Evaluating the changes in knowledge and attitudes of digital library user' in the seventh European Conference on Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries (ECDL) 2003. Springer Verlag, 2003.
82. Weinberg J. International trade policies and their potential to impact upon the health of people in Europe; Globalisation, a force for good health, or ill? in fourth European Health Forum Gastein: Globalisation, World Trade and Health. Bad Gastein, Austria: European Health Forum, 2002.
83. Kostkova P, Mani-Saada J and Weinberg J. Agent-based Up-to-date Data Management in National electronic Library for Communicable Disease in 15th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI) 2002. Lyon, France, 2002.
84. Kostkova P, Mani-Saada J and Weinberg J. Ethical Issues in Health Care on the Internet: 'Much ado about nothing?' in Nordic interdisciplinary conference and workshop at NTNU 'Making Common Ground: Methodological and Ethical issues in doing Internet research'. Trondheim, Norway, 2002.
85. Kostkova P, J. Mani-Saada, and Weinberg J. 'Do you read the literature properly, and if you do how can others benefit from it?' in Public Health Leadership Society (PHLS) Conference 2002. Warwick, UK, 2002.
86.Kostkova P, J. Mani-Saada, and Weinberg J. Distributed Search in National electronic Library for Health in Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineer (IEEE) DCADL, ICPP 2002. Vancouver, Canada: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
87. Hawker J, et al. 'Inequalities and Infectious Disease in the UK' in Public Health Leadership Society (PHLS) 27th Annual Scientific Conference. 2002. Warwick, UK, 2002.
88. Weinberg J. Keynote: Overview of Surveillance in eighth Annual APHEO Conference: Surveillance in Public Health: From Collection To Intervention. Oshawa, Ontario, Canada, 2000.
89. Weinberg J. Keynote: Name, Shame and Blame in Reporting in TEPHINET First International Conference from Evidence to Action: Global Strategies for Public Health. Ottowa, Canada, 2000.
90. Giesecke J and Weinberg J. 'A European Centre for Infectious Disease?' The Lancet 1998; 352(9136): 1308.
91. Weinberg J, et al. Developing electronic communication links between national surveillance centres in the European Union in eighth International Congress on Infectious Disease 1998. Boston USA: ISID.
92. Weinberg J, Grimaud O and Newton LH. 'Priorities in Surveillance at European level, a delphi study' in Eighth International Congress on Infectious Disease 1998. Boston USA: ISID, 1998.
93. Pharoah P, Weinberg J and Hayward A. 'Vitamin A supplementation in preschool children with acute diarrhoea'. British Medical Journal 1995; 310(6978): 530.
94. Gill, ON, et al. 'Meta-surveillance--safer cyber-surveillance' [letter]. The Lancet, 1995; 346(8977): 776.
95. Weinberg J, Brunskill A, and Patterson J. 'The new Part I MFPHM examination'. Journal of Public Health Medicine 1993; 15(2): 212–213.
96. Weinberg J. Attitude Dominus; response to an open letter. The Public Health Physician, 1992.
97. Shah NC, et al. 'Does Phospholipase A2 cause hypotension in Septic Shock' in Sclavo International Conference: Molecular and Cellular Biology of IL-1, TNF and Lipocortins in Inflammation and Differentiation. Siena, 1989.
98. Weinberg J, Wright DJM, and Guz A. Interleukin-1 and Tumour Necrosis Factor cause Reversible Hypotension in the Conscious Rabbit. Clinical Science 1988; 74 (Suppl 18): 24P.
99. Boyle P, Thomas K and Weinberg J. 'Capillary red cell velocity is reduced in fever without hypotension'. Clinical Science 1988; 75(Suppl 19): 13.
100. Darowski A and Weinberg J. 'Limitations of sublingual temperature measurement in the elderly'. Clinical Science 1988; 74 (Suppl 18): 55P.
101. Darowski A and Weinberg J. 'Normal range of temperature in the elderly'. Clinical Science 1988; 74 (Suppl 18): 55P.
102. Darowski A and Weinberg J. 'Thermoregulatory responses of patients with low body temperatures and recurrent hypothermia'. Clinical Science 1988; 74 (Suppl 18): 24P.
103. Darowski A and Weinberg J. 'A comparison of sublingual and external auditory canal temperature measurement in normal individuals'. Clinical Science 1987; 73 (Suppl 17): 19P.
104. Weinberg J, et al. 'Preservation of postural vasoconstriction in febrile patients: evidence for the active maintenance of fever'. Clinical Science 1987; 72 (Suppl 16): 76P.
105. Weinberg J, Innes JA and Guz A. 'Stroke Volume and Cardiac Output in Febrile Normotensive Patients'. Clinical Science 1987; 73 (Suppl 17): 20P.
106. Weinberg J, Innes JA and Guz A. 'Systolic Time Intervals in Febrile Normotensive Patients'. Clinical Science 1987; 73 (Suppl 17): 20P.
107. Weinberg J, et al. 'Skin vascular resistance is elevated in febrile patients as compared to heated controls'. Clinical Science 1987; 72 (Suppl 16): 75P–76P.
108. Weinberg J, et al. 'A new model of endotoxin-induced hypotension'. Clinical Science 1987; 72 (Suppl 16) 72P.
109. Price AB, et al. 'Disseminated Mycobacterium xenopi infection' [letter]. The Lancet 1985; 2(8451): 383.