The range of events and lectures in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences enhances your studies and adds an extra perspective to your learning. Activities for this course include:
- English language and communication 'Talking Heads' seminar series, where internationally renowned academics are invited to give a paper about their latest research in English language and linguistics;
- an annual 'Writers in Context' series of readings, lectures and research seminars;
- a series of Culture Cafe student and staff readings at the Rose Theatre, Kingston;
- a series of weekly masterclasses with publishing specialists and professionals;
- weekly guest lectures by leading journalists;
- periodic readings sponsored by the School of Humanities at the Marylebone Oxfam;
- sponsorship of readings and events at the Rhythm and Muse in Teddington;
- sponsorship of readings for Ace Stories in Brighton;
- the Annual Awards and Achievement Show for all undergraduate and postgraduate students in humanities; and
- events conducted as part of the Kingston Writing School.
The literary magazine Ripple is edited by MA students, providing:
- a platform for the publication of creative work; and
- a chance to get hands-on experience of the publishing process.
Our postgraduate creative writing students have also recently launched a new publication called Pages, which is open to submissions from across all disciplines in Kingston University. It includes fiction, poetry, reviews and creative non-fiction. A key feature of Pages is the information for writers on nationwide calls for submissions and competitions.