Magazine Journalism MA
Facts about Magazine Journalism
|Duration||Full time: 1 year
Part time: 2 years
|Assessment||Articles, features, news, portfolios, case studies, presentations, essays, dissertation, work-based learning
Choose Kingston's Magazine Journalism MA
"This is a really hands-on course. You learn about more than just writing: teamwork, delegation, tackling real-life press day dilemmas – in fact, everything you need to work in magazines."
Emma Day, web and sub-editor, Harrods, former staff writer at Haymarket Network, Magazine Journalism MA graduate
Watch a video to find out why you should study Magazine Journalism at Kingston University:
Choose Kingston's Magazine Journalism MA and you will benefit from:
- experienced lecturers who are practising journalists with a wide range of experience and insider knowledge about working in today's magazine industry;
- live projects to develop your skills through hands-on experience including producing the award-winning course magazine;
- first-rate industry contacts through projects with magazine publishers, high-profile guest speakers and professional support to hone your CV and gain valuable work experience;
- excellent employment prospects with over 95% of graduates from the course gaining jobs in magazines or related areas within six month of graduation;
- industry standard facilities including exclusive use of a fully-equipped magazine production office and dedicated technician; and
- a lively location on the doorstep of London and the world's major news and media organisations.
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include: Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin and Spanish.
This course is accredited by the lead body for best practice in training and development for the magazine industry – the Periodical Training Council (PTC).
Find out more...