Facts about Publishing
|Duration||Full time: 1 year
Part time: 2 years
|Assessment||Blog posts, business and marketing plans, case studies, critical reflections, essays, portfolios, group and individual presentations.|
Choose Kingston's Publishing MA
"Kingston's Publishing MA allowed me to turn my love of books into a career. By providing an understanding of the business behind the books – and introducing me to my current employer – Kingston gave me a great start in a fantastic industry."
Andrew Turner, Marketing Executive at award-winning e-learning company Nelson Croom, 2012 Chair of the Society of Young Publishers and Kingston Publishing MA graduate
Choose Kingston's Publishing MA and you will benefit from:
- experienced lecturers, masterclass speakers and industry supervisors, who share insider knowledge about working in today's publishing industry;
- live publishing projects that develop your skills through hands-on publishing experience;
- outstanding support and advice to help you build industry contacts, hone your CV and gain valuable work experience;
- unrivalled publishing archives that open up rich opportunities for original research;
- diverse and international fellow students, who you can learn from and collaborate with; and
- a lively location close to the home of the global publishing industry.
Watch former Kingston student Lisa Winn talk about her experiences on the Publishing MA:
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
- Create: The Business of Publishing
- Do: Work Placements, Networking and Career Planning
- Practical Publishing Project
- Publishing Dissertation
Related to this course:
As a student on this course you will be part of the Kingston Writing School, a vibrant community of outstanding writers, journalists and publishers.
You may apply for Annual Fund or international scholarships worth up to £3,000 off your course fees. Once enrolled, £500 bursaries are available for working on Ripple magazine, the Kingston Publishing Blog or Kingston University Press titles.
You will undertake at least one work placement as part of your Publishing MA. We provide constant support and advice to help you get the most of the experience.