Quantity Surveying MSc: Course features
What this course offers you
If you choose to study this course, here are some of the things you can expect from the course and how it will benefit you.
- This new course develops the core competencies required of the Chartered Quantity Surveyor and prepares you for a career in this area. There is an emphasis on project and team work.
- The dissertation/project allows you to focus on an area of interest to yourself and gain valuable research skills.
- You also have the chance to attend a week-long European field trip.
- Kingston University is a RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) partner institution. We will seek accreditation for this course once it receives full validation from the University.
- Many members of staff are research active or professional practitioners, which keeps your learning cutting edge (read more in the Research areas section).
- The taught modules aim to hone your professional skills. Alongside your academic studies, you improve your skills in:
- problem solving and organisation;
- data collation, review and synopsis;
- communication (oral, written and electronic);
- time management;
- computing; and
- co-operation and teamwork.
- We offer a part-time study option to help you fit your MA around other commitments
The School of Surveying & Planning is hosting a series of postgraduate open days.