Points: minimum 104, depending on qualifications, and on joint honours combination
Units: to include two science A-levels or equivalent
- A-level: minimum grade C in A-level Chemistry and one other science subject (second science can be Biology, Physics or Maths). General Studies and Critical Thinking not accepted. A minimum of AS Biology is required when Biology A-level not taken.
- Tariff points for AS levels completed but not carried forward to A2 level are included in points total.
- BTEC: Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science (must include two of the following advanced chemistry units at Distinction grade - Unit 26 "Industrial Chemical Reactions"; Unit 27 "Chemical Periodicity and its Applications"; Unit 28 "Industrial Applications of Organic Chemistry".
- Plus GCSE (A*–C or comparable numeric score under the newly reformed GCSE grading): five subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Double Award Science.
Other entry routes
- Science foundation year
- We will consider a range of alternative qualifications and experience that is equivalent to the typical offer. Applications from international students with equivalent qualifications are welcome. Please contact us for details.
If you don't meet the above entry requirements our can prepare you for entry progression onto this degree course.
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.0 overall, with no element below 5.5. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider.
Applicants from one of the recognised majority English speaking countries (MESCs) do not need to meet these requirements.