All students from outside the United Kingdom need to meet our English language requirements. These depend on whether you are applying for pre-degree, undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Applicants from one of the recognised Majority English Speaking Countries (MESCs) do not need to meet these requirements.
If you don't achieve the required score, you may be eligible to join our pre-sessional English language course.
|Level of entry ||General qualification requirement
- Foundation Year: Devlet Lise Diplomasi (State High School Diploma) - minimum overall grade 50%.
- International Year 1: Devlet Lise Diplomasi (State High School Diploma) - minimum overall grade of 65%.
- Devlet Lise Diplomasi (State High School Diploma) - minimum overall grade 75%.
- Lise Bitirme Diplomasi (Private High School Diploma) - minimum overall grade 70% or 4.0 GPA.
- A-levels or International Baccalaureate.
- Recognised foundation course in the UK.
- Some courses will also consider holders of a recognised post-secondary qualification (ie Onlisans Derecesi / Diploma) for entry into second or possibly final year.
|Postgraduate taught masters
- Bachelor's degree (Lisans Diploma) from a recognised university, with a GPA grade of 2.2 - 2.4 (the requirement varies from course to course).
- A good Bachelors degree from the UK.
- For certain courses, work experience will also be required.
- Postgraduate masters degree (Yüksek Lisans Diplomasi) or a good undergraduate degree from a recognised university.
*Applications are considered on an individual basis and other qualifications/work experience may be taken into consideration.
You can also view our undergraduate and postgraduate courses.