Through the generous support of Professor Sharat and Mrs Lilian Gangolli, we are able to offer a fully-funded (100% of fees) scholarship for taught MSc courses in the School of Life Sciences, Pharmacy and Chemistry. The scholarship aims to encourage academic excellence and allow talented young graduates to continue to higher levels of learning and research. Professor Sharat Gangolli, himself a first generation postgraduate student in the UK, believed the opportunities afforded by higher education should be available to all, irrespective of means.
To be considered, you must:
- Have completed an undergraduate degree at Kingston University in 2021-2023 or be completing one in 2024
- Be classed as 'home' for fees purposes
- Have achieved, or expect to achieve, a 2:1 classification in your undergraduate degree
- Have received an offer for a taught Master's course in the School of Life Sciences, Pharmacy and Chemistry
Applicants must also meet one of the following criteria *:
- Be in the first generation of their family to attend university
- Have a family household income of less than £25,000 per year
- Identify as being disabled or have a specific learning difference
- Be recognised by social services as a young adult carer
- Have spent time in care in the UK, been placed in a foyer or are estranged from your family AND under 25 at the point of first enrolment at Kingston University
- Be in receipt of a Sanctuary Scholarship
*At the point of first enrolment as an undergraduate student. Evidence may be requested if not already held by the University.
Unfortunately this scholarship is NOT available:
- To students who have already started their postgraduate studies (including completion of other Level 7 qualifications)
- For those classed as 'overseas' for fees purposes
- For courses not in the School of Life Sciences, Pharmacy and Chemistry or for Masters by Research
- For students with undergraduate degree outcomes of 2:2 or below
Your application will be judged on:
- Your academic success to date and your future potential, as evidenced by undergraduate module results, awards and references from those who have taught you at Kingston University
- Your demonstration (in your personal statement in the application form) of the impact studying this course will have on your future and the wider world
How to apply
Applications for courses beginning in 2023/24 academic year are now closed. To receive updates on application deadlines for 2024/25 entry, and support with the application process, please register your interest by filling out this short form.
Alternative scholarships are available for UK students and international students.
Other financial support is also available for postgraduate students.
Please note that Kingston University reserves the right to withdraw or amend a scholarship without prior notification. Scholarships are offered subject to funding and availability.
If you have any questions about the application and selection procedure, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.