We have had to cancel summer school 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting restrictions put in place by the government. We will provide further updates about Summer School 2021 as soon as more details become available.
We are pleased to be able to offer a half summer school programme for those who are not able to attend for the full month. This programme works nicely as a taster for study abroad, or for those with other commitments who cannot spare the full month. You would join our month-long summer school programme, but go home half-way through. Assessment will be written, and we offer 1.5 US credits for this 17-night programme.
Please note all applicants must be aged 18 or over on 30 June 2020.
- British Culture and Society
- Creative Writing in London
- Exploring Cultural London
- From Civil Liberty to Human Rights
- Live Theatre
- London Global City of Enterprise
- Museums and Galleries
- Muggle Madness: Harry Potter and other popular British icons
Please see the details about the month long summer school to get an idea about content and how to apply. The online application will give you the option to select the full summer school or the half summer school.
- We offer an excellent range of classes, with the option to take one or two. These classes offer a great balance of academic teaching and relevant field trips.
- The half Summer School classes are accredited and worth 1.5 U.S. / 3 ECTS credits each; You would take the first half of the month long class, with Friday 17th July being your last day.
- We offer a range of fun social events and exciting optional weekend trips.
- Students stay in University accommodation close to the town centre, and each is allocated a single study en-suite bedroom.
- The programme includes a SIM card for use with your mobile phone and unlimited travel in London zones 1-6.
- Friendly, dedicated Summer School staff are on hand to ensure participants have the experience of a lifetime.
- We offer a full orientation programme and free airport pick-up and drop-off.
- Kingston is a beautiful, safe riverside town, only 30 minutes from central London, with fantastic cultural, social and shopping facilities!
- With more than 20 years' experience of running summer schools, we aim to provide you with a fun, engaging and memorable study abroad experience in an informal and friendly atmosphere.
- £2,225 sterling per student for one class; or
- £2,525 sterling per student for two classes.