The cost of the full-month summer school 2024 programme is:
- £3,470 sterling per student for one class; or
- £3,955 sterling per student for two classes.
The price includes:
- group transportation to your accommodation from Heathrow or Gatwick airports on the morning of 3 July 2024 only (we will send you more information with your acceptance email);
- return group transportation to Heathrow or Gatwick airports on 3 August 2024 only;
- tuition fees, field trips and entrance fees for class visits;
- 31 nights' accommodation in single-occupancy bedrooms with shared bathroom and shared kitchen facilities;
- lunch or dinner for the first four days of the programme – 3, 4, 5 and 6 July 2024;
- library and computing facilities – including email/internet access;
- a travelcard for one calendar month – giving unlimited travel on the underground, buses, overground and trains throughout Greater London (London zones one–six);
- calendar of social events – in the past this has included welcome reception, dinner or BBQ and farewell party/musical bingo or gospeloke;
- orientation programme – including a walking tour of Kingston town and the University;
- enrolment at Kingston University and certificate of credits earned on completion of programme.
The price does not include:
- roundtrip airfare and/or other travel costs for getting to the UK;
- local travel outside Greater London;
- food and beverages (unless specified);
- accommodation for friends and family of students; or
- costs of additional travel at weekends.
Some scholarships are available to help with the costs.
Please note: The scholarship application deadline is 1 April 2024.
Cost for the two-weeks summer school:
The cost of the shorter 17-day summer school 2024 programme is:
- £2,385 sterling per student for one class; or
- £2,700 sterling per student for two classes.
How do I pay my fees?
All amounts are payable in pounds sterling and can be paid by inter-bank transfer or by credit card. In the middle of May, we will bill you for your fees. Your fees must be paid in full by the middle of June 2024.
Is there a refund policy?
- If you withdraw before 15 May 2024 there is no charge.
- If you withdraw after 15 May 2024 and before arriving at Kingston University, you will receive a 100% refund of fees, less a £500 administration charge.
- If you withdraw after arriving at Kingston University:
- you will have the option to switch to Summer School 2025 at no additional cost, or to receive a 90% refund of fees less a £500 administration charge, if you withdraw prior to first day of classes (5 July 2024)
- you will receive a 75% refund, less a £500 administration charge refund if you withdraw after the first day of classes (5 July 2024) but before 12 July 2024 (the end of the first full week of teaching)
- you will receive no refund if you withdraw after 12 July 2024
What about financial aid from my home university?
Kingston University is not able to administer any financial aid/scholarships that summer school students would normally receive through their home college/university. Students from the US in receipt of Financial Aid must check with the Financial Aid Office at their home institution about the procedures while studying abroad.