You can apply for most full-time or sandwich first degree and HND courses through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). There is an alternative application route if you're applying for:
- an art foundation course; or
- a small number of work-based courses.
Details of how to apply directly for these courses are on the relevant course pages.
All UCAS applications are now made online via . You should:
- submit your application though between the beginning of the September before you come to university and mid-January if you're a British or EU applicant;
- visit the for exact dates and more information;
- fully complete your application – as well as your personal details and academic record, you will need to supply a reference and make a personal statement, which the admissions tutor at Kingston will look at carefully; and
- submit your application as early as possible so you have the best chance of receiving the right offers.
You can apply for up to five different courses. The UCAS code for Kingston University is K84. You will be able to follow the progress of your application through UCAS Track after you've applied.
Top tips for completing your application form
- In the first section of the application, you just give your personal details and information about the qualifications you hold and are currently studying.
- The next part however will need a bit more concentration – the personal statement is your opportunity to let us know what makes you stand out from the crowd! This is your one and only chance to sell yourself to the universities you're applying for, so take your time. Download our Personal Statement Workbook to help you write your winning statement.
- Once you're certain that your personal statement is the best it can be, your teacher(s) or other referees will add their references. Make sure you leave enough time for your them to write a suitable reference before the submission deadline. (If you're at school or college, it is likely that your teachers will set their own deadline for your application.)
Alternative application routes
Some course applications are not made through UCAS. These include:
- art foundation courses – apply direct to Kingston University (the deadline is the end of January) using the link on the course pages;
- part-time courses; and
- a small number of work-based courses – visit the relevant course page for details of how to apply for the following courses (usually direct to the University or one of our partners):
For information about admissions, download document AP1 from our polices and regulations page.