Through the generous support of Kingston University alumni and friends to our Inspire the Future campaign, we are able to offer 20 postgraduate scholarships to progressing Kingston University undergraduate students and recent graduates (class of 2021 only). The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage academic excellence and allow talented graduates to continue to higher levels of learning and research.
The scholarship offers a 40% reduction in fees for taught masters or postgraduate diploma courses in the:
Alternative scholarships are available for UK students and international students.
Other financial support is also available for postgraduate students.
* Please note that the Inspire the Future scholarship cannot be combined with other Kingston University scholarships or discounts. Therefore, for those who are eligible for a 15% or 10% fee discount, the total discount they would receive for each year of their course, if awarded an Inspire the Future postgraduate scholarship, would be 40%.
To be considered, you must:
- have completed an undergraduate degree at Kingston University in 2021 or be completing one in 2022
- be classed as 'home' for fees purposes
- have achieved, or expect to achieve, a 2:1 classification in your undergraduate degree.
Applicants must also meet one of the following criteria*:
- Family household income less than £25,000 per year
- Identify as being disabled or have a specific learning difference
- Be recognised by social services as a young adult carer
- Have spent time in care in the UK, been placed in a foyer or are estranged from your family AND was under 25 at the point of first enrolment at Kingston University.
*Evidence may be requested if not already held by the University.
Unfortunately this scholarship is NOT available:
- to students who have already started their postgraduate studies (including completion of other Level 7 qualifications)
- for those classed as 'overseas' for fees purposes
- for courses in the Faculty of Health, Social Care & Education
- for students with undergraduate degree outcomes 2:2 or below
- for PhD study, for Masters by Research, or for the MBA
Your application will be judged on:
- your academic success to date and your future potential, as evidenced by undergraduate module results, awards and references from those who have taught you at Kingston University
- your demonstration (in your personal statement in the application form) of the impact studying this course will have on your future and the wider world
How to apply
Please complete the online application form. It is advised that you draft your answers to questions 10-16 in a word processing program before entering on the form, to help you prepare the best responses you can.
The deadline for entries will be 23:30 on Sunday 17 July 2022.
** Applications received after the deadline will not be considered for this application entry. **
Please note that Kingston University reserves the right to withdraw or amend a scholarship without prior notification. Scholarships are offered subject to funding and availability.
If you have any questions about the application and selection procedure, please read our FAQs or contact us at email@example.com or on +44 (0)20 8417 3299.