Through the generous support of Kingston University alumni and friends to our Inspire the Future campaign, we are able to offer 20 postgraduate scholarships to progressing Kingston University undergraduate students and recent graduates (class of 2020-2022 only). The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage academic excellence and allow talented graduates to continue to higher levels of learning and research.
The scholarship offers a 40%* reduction in fees for taught masters or postgraduate diploma courses with September start dates.
Applications for the 2023/24 academic year are now closed. To receive updates on application deadlines for 2024/25 and support with the application process, please register your interest by filling out this short registration of interest form.
To be considered, you must:
- have completed an undergraduate degree at Kingston University in 2020-2022 or be completing one in 2023
- be classed as 'home' for fees purposes
- have achieved, or expect to achieve, a 2:1 classification in your undergraduate degree.
Applicants must also meet one of the following criteria*:
- Be in the first generation of their family to attend university
- Have a family household income of less than £25,000 per year
- Identify as being disabled or have a specific learning difference
- Be recognised by social services as a young adult carer
- Have spent time in care in the UK, been placed in a foyer or are estranged from your family AND were under 25 at the point of first enrolment at Kingston University.
- Be in receipt of a Sanctuary Scholarship
*At the point of first enrolment as an undergraduate student. Evidence may be requested if not already held by the University.
Unfortunately, this scholarship is NOT available:
- to students who have already started their postgraduate studies (including completion of other Level 7 qualifications)
- for those classed as 'overseas' for fees purposes
- for PGCE, MBA, Midwifery, Radiography, Post-qualifying Social Work, Masters by Research or PhD study
- for students with undergraduate degree outcomes 2:2 or below
Your application will be judged on:
- your academic success to date and your future potential, as evidenced by undergraduate module results, awards and references from those who have taught you at Kingston University
- your demonstration (in your personal statement in the application form) of the impact studying this course will have on your future and the wider world
How to apply
Applications for courses beginning in 2023/24 are now closed. To receive updates on application deadlines for 2024/25 scholarships and support with the application process, please register your interest by filling out this short form.
Alternative scholarships are available for UK students and international students.
Other financial support is also available for postgraduate students.
Please note that Kingston University reserves the right to withdraw or amend a scholarship without prior notification. Scholarships are offered subject to funding and availability.
If you have any questions about the application and selection procedure, please read our FAQs or contact us at email@example.com or on +44 (0)20 8417 3299.
* Please note that the Inspire the Future scholarship cannot be combined with other Kingston University scholarships or discounts. Therefore, for those who are eligible for a 15% or 10% fee discount, the total discount they would receive for each year of their course, if awarded an Inspire the Future postgraduate scholarship, would be 40%.