Healthcare organisation Salutem is offering a scholarship for one Learning Disability Nursing or Social Work student and one Accounting & Finance student. The scholarship will cover the full value of the undergraduate tuition fees, together with a maintenance grant for the full three years. It takes care of the funding so you can focus on the learning.
The successful students will have the opportunity to gain hands-on work experience in their services, gaining valuable insight and developing skills that add value to their learning. You can access the Salutem website here.
This scholarship is ideal for those with an interest in supporting people with learning disabilities within a nursing, social work or care setting.
Priority will be given to Kingston University students who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You are the first generation in your family to progress to higher education (ie. your parents have not been to university; but if a brother or sister has, you are still eligible)
- You are a mature student (aged 21 or over on 1 September before you start your course) who does not currently hold a bachelor's degree.
- Your family household income is less than £25,000 per year
- You identify as being disabled or have a specific learning difference
- You are under the age of 25 and have spent time in care in the UK, been placed in care or are estranged from your family. You can read more here about the support available for care leavers at Kingston University.
- You are recognised by social services as a young adult carer
- You are entering Higher Education with a BTEC as your main qualification
To find out more, please email Farrukh Akhtar
To apply for the scholarship straight away, you can access an online application form.
Deadline for application: 10 September 2021, 9am.
We will notify successful applicants by 24 September 2021.