Skip to main content
My research experience spans from working on several research projects looking at health and wellbeing in vulnerable and hard to reach populations. I currently work as a research fellow on a study on Ethnicity and Covid-19, This study aims to understand and reduce health inequalities and COVID-19 risk by developing a range of culturally appropriate health interventions to Black and South Asian communities. This project is funded by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) & National Institute for Health Research (NIHR). Prior to working with Kingston University I worked on a randomised control trial aimed at improving health and wellbeing of employees at the workplace in the West Midlands. Apart from my research work I have an Associate fellow status in teaching with the Higher Education Academy, UK.
· Alidu, L., & Grunfeld, E. A. (2017). Gender differences in beliefs about health: a comparative qualitative study with Ghanaian and Indian migrants living in the United Kingdom. BMC psychology, 5(1), 8.https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/s40359-017-0178-z
· Alidu, L., & Grunfeld, E. A. (2017). A systematic review of acculturation, obesity and health behaviours among migrants to high-income countries. Psychology & Health, 1-22. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08870446.2017.1398327
· Anamaale, D.T, Anku, J.P, Alidu, L, Amo Adjei, J, (2017). Timing of first sexual intercourse and number of lifetime sexual partners in Sub-Saharan Africa. Sexuality and Culture, 1-18. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12119-017-9488-9
· Jones, L., Danks, E., Clarke, J., Alidu, L., Costello, B., Jolly, K., ... & Taylor, J. (2019). Exploring the views of female genital mutilation survivors, their male partners and healthcare professionals on the timing of deinfibulation surgery and NHS FGM care provision (the FGM Sister Study): protocol for a qualitative study. BMJ open, 9(10), e034140.
· Alidu, Lailah & Grunfeld, Beth. (2020). ‘What a dog will see and kill, a cat will see and ignore it': An exploration of health?related help?seeking among older Ghanaian men residing in Ghana and the United Kingdom. British Journal of Health Psychology. 10.1111/bjhp.12454.
· Phillimore J, Pertek S, Alidu L (2019). Sexual and gender-based violence and social justice: parity of participation for forced migrant survivors in the UK. Siirtolaisuus / Migration, Superdiversiteetti 2/2019 http://www.migrationinstitute.fi/files/pdf/siirtolaisuus-migration/sm2_nettiin.pdf