We support your faith at Kingston University – we work in partnership with local faith communities to offer spiritual care to our students and staff.
We stand for:
- Support – listening, guidance, friendship and prayer.
- Community – building relationships and trust.
- Understanding – learning about our own beliefs and those of others.
- Creativity – seeing the world in new ways.
- Spirituality – exploring faith, prayer and meaning.
- Faith and Spirituality Centre
Room 8A, Town House
Kingston upon Thames
Tel: 020 8417 2940
"Starting a new period in one's life can be both exciting and daunting. There are always new things to learn, new relationships to forge, new opportunities to be had.
We tend to thrive in a fresh environment when we feel welcomed. In the Hebrew scriptures there is a wonderful story of an old man in the desert long ago – who we come to know as Abraham – welcoming three strangers into his tent and offering them hospitality. Abraham came to realise that these strangers represented God. Rather than the traditional understanding of God embracing humanity here was a picture of humanity making space for God.